Chapter 6

Jacob stayed over at Connie's over the next Saturday night as Grace was staying at a friends then going to Alton Towers for the day with her.
Jacob woke up and looked down at Connie who was stirring slightly.
"Mmm morning sweetcheeks" he said.
Connie groaned and snuggled into him, "I don't feel well" she said.
"In what way baby?" Jacob asked.
"I feel really nauseous" she replied.
Jacob's mind instantly ran away with him, he was quite aware they hadn't been careful.
"Nauseous as in morning sickness?" he asked.
Connie looked up at him in shock, "I.. I don't know" she stuttered.
"When was your last period?" he asked.
"Eight weeks, but that's normal for me with all the stress of the job" Connie replied.

"Would you like me to go out and get you a test?" Jacob suggested.
"Err, yes please if you wouldn't mind" she said quietly.
"Course not baby" he said then kissed her head gently before getting out of bed and putting his clothes on.
Connie snuggled back down under the covers and closed her eyes again, falling back to sleep almost instantly.
Jacob returned twenty minutes later and sat on the bed next to ber.
"Con? Sweetcheeks I'm back" he said soothingly.
Connie stirred and her eyes fluttered open, "hey" she said with a sleepy smile.
Jacob smiled and helped her up then they went into the bathroom.

"Con?" he asked.
"Yes?" Connie replied.
"If it's positive, if we are having a baby, what are we going to do? About Grace?" Jacob said.
Connie smiled weakly and took his hand, "we'll make it work, we have to" she told him.
Jacob nodded and took the test from the bag and handed it to her.
"Would you like me to wait outside, whilst you, well do what you have to do" he said.
"Pee Jacob, whilst I pee. I really don't mind" Connie replied.
"Ok, I'll stay" he said.
Connie took the test from the box and peed on it then placed it on some tissue on the counter.
Jacob set a timer on his phone then wrapped his arms around her waist as she finished washing her hands.

She stayed in his arms resting her head on his chest till the timer sounded.
"Ready?" he asked.
Connie nodded nervously and turned the test over seeing two blue lines, "I'm pregnant, we are having a baby" she said in shock.
Jacob smiled and kissed her gently, "I love you" he said.
"I love you too" she told him.