New friend?!

Tyler's POV

I woke up this morning and got dressed and headed down stairs. There was toast and a note left on the table, so I walked over and read what it said and ate the toast. The note read that Naomi left early this morning to go shopping. I finished eating the toast and walked outside and stretched. I decided since Naomi is probably going to be gone for most of the day, I will take a morning walk. It is really beautiful out today.

I started walking around our block for a while, but eventually I got bored of seeing the same sights over and over again, so I just decided maybe I might walk around town a bit. When I got into town I walked down the blocks and checked out a few stores. I started getting far down into the town were I've never really been before. I heard rummaging going on inside a dumpster, so I walked over and looked in to see a raggedy all black cat. "Look at you, your ugly." I said rubbing the cat behind its ears making it purr. I picked it up and carried it back to our house.

I walked into the house and took the cat upstairs to the bathroom and sat it in the tub. "What the hell should I do with you?" I said to the cat as it just stared back at me. "Well I guess I should go to the store and get you cat food and maybe some toys?" I said to the cat again as it still stared at me. "What the hell am I doing, talking to a cat that I know can't answer back, what a moron I am." I said walking out of the bathroom and shutting the door behind me.

I walked back into town and into a pet store. I walked in and walked back to the cat isle. I picked up a bag of meow mix and a few toys. While I was at it I picked up a pink collar. I have no clue if the cat is a boy or girl, but whatever gender it is it should look good in a pink collar. While I was getting ready to check out I saw cat shampoo that removes ticks and fleas, so I picked that up thinking that it would make that cat less uglier.

I arrived home and walked upstairs to the bathroom. I walked in the bathroom to see the cat curled up sleeping in the sink. "How can something so ugly like you be so cute at the same time." I said picking the cat up and putting it back in the tub. I opened the bag from the pet store and took out the cat shampoo. I poured a little on my hands and rubbed it into the cats fur. The cat purred and purred till I sprayed it with water to get the shampoo off. That will most definitely be the last time I spray a cat with water.

By the time I finished the cats bath and put its collar on, I heard the front door open and Naomi walked in, "I'm home!" She yelled walking in the living room to see the cat curled up sleeping on my stomach as I was laying on the couch watching tv. "Why is there a cat in here?" She said rubbing the cat behind its ears. "I took a walk into town today and saw it in a dumpster, so I brought it home and cleaned it up." I said petting the cat too. "Can we keep it!" Naomi said looking at me with a pleading expression. "I was planning on it, but it needs a name and also a gender." Naomi smiled and hugged me,"yay we can keep it!!!!"

The next morning me and Naomi took the cat to the vet to get a check up. We had to wait out in the waiting room for a few Minutes till the veterinarian came out. "Your cat is a boy and we also fixed him for you." The veterinarian said handing us the cat. "Thank you!" We smiled and said as we left.

On the walk home we were thinking of cute names for our cat, but one of the names just sunk in that me and Naomi both loved, Raven. We finally got home and sat Raven on the floor to play with his toys. I walked into the kitchen and got him some food and water. He did have a big day today so he deserves some snacks. I walked over to Raven and sat the food and water down for him while Naomi was tossing a toy mouse across the room for Raven to fetch. The cat is just like a dog. A very ugly dog.