Back To The Winchesters

I walked down the asphalted road and toward a town called Lebanon in the state of Kansas. It was near where my father and uncle lived for four years before my grandmother died and I had gotten info from Kat that they were in a Men of Letters bunker somewhere outside of town. So I started to dig up all I could on the Winchesters.

I was walking outside of town in the middle of the woods when I came across a door to what looked like an underground bombshell bunker. But what was parked outside was very relieving and nerve wrecking: a black 1967 Chevrolet Impala.

I all but sprinted for the door and started to pick the lock -well, locks. After I got the final deadbolt unlocked, I slipped through a small crack in the door and started down a rounded staircase. Once I got to the bottom, there was a war map like in a World War 2 movie and a click of a gun behind my head. I put my hands up in surrender and waited for the gunman to speak.

"Turn around slowly." A scruffy voice said, and I obeyed that voice, knowing that it was the one I had been waiting to hear for four-hundred years. When I spun, I saw a face that I longed to see just with a full beard and multiple grey hairs. Another person stood behind him with a lot less grey hairs and minus the beard.

"Hey, Dean, Sam." I said, nervously. Dean raised an eyebrow and looked me up and down.

"Who are you, kid?" he asked. I smiled at the first memory I made with these two.

"As I've said before, 'Up yours, Asshat.'" I said, my lips curving upward into a loving smile. Sam and Dean's expressions changed from "Alert, alert!" to frozen hope.

"Jack?" Dean asked. Dean dropped his gun and shuffled a few inches closer. His green eyes full of hope and hurt, that made me hurt too.

"Dad." I confirmed. Without a second thought, my father pulled me into an embrace that I never wanted to break and tears started to well up in my eyes. "Dad?"

"Yeah, baby, I'm here." He said, his own tears falling. "And I'm glad your safe."

"I missed you guys." I cried. When I pulled away, tears were staining his worry-wrinkled face, but he was smiling. Tears of joy stuck to his lashes as his smile made a lump in my throat.

Sam was standing there waiting for his welcome home hug, which I gave to him rather quickly that he was caught off guard. But after a few moments, he returned my hug with so much strength that I could barely breath.

"Sam?" I choked out. He jolted then released me to breath and he was nearly in tears as well. I looked at him then back at Dean. "I thought you both said that you'd be fine without me."

My uncle laughed, but Dean wiped the tears off his face. Dean's arms fell to his sides as he said, "How long were you in there?"

I sighed and my head fell, "I'd rather not talk about it." My legs began to shake and I fell forward. Dean caught me and gave me another look over for injuries.

"Easy there, Jack." he said, pulling me to him for support. "You must be tired. I'll bring her to bed." He said, switching his attention to his brother. He lifted me bridal style and brought me down a few corridors until we reached a bedroom that I knew was his. Guns hung on the walls, his duffle bag sat at the foot of his bed, and lore books littered the wooden floor. Most of the books were on Hell, demons, and the devil.

"You . . . You were trying to get me back?" I panted. He looked down at me and nodded. "Please tell me you didn't make any deals."

"Nope. No one would buy." Dean explained, placing me down on his bed and pulling the covers over me. My hands were clamped shut and one was cramping from holding the necklace for too long. "Sleep now, Jackline." He turned and headed for the door, when I let the charm fall but held the string tight.

"Hey. While I was down in Hell," I said as he turned to listen. He looked at the object in my hand and stood there shocked. "I found this. Wear it for me and give me my necklace back." He looked down at his neck, tore my mother's necklace from his own neck, and we tossed the necklaces to each other.

"Thanks." he said, slipping on his necklace.

"Shut up and let me sleep." I joked, rolling over on my side and slipping into a deep sleep. My dad laughed and closed the door as he left. I was home and one step closer to closing Hell for good.

*

After Dean left his daughter to sleep, he went to go check on Sam and see if he had found any cases worth working. He entered the library with a beer in hand and a new happiness in his heart as he saw his brother sitting and typing on his computer.

"She out?" Sam asked.

"Like a light." Dean nodded and took a sip from his bottle.

Sam looked down from his brother's face and noticed something different. "I thought you threw that away."

Dean looked down at his own neck and looked back at Sam, "Jack found it. No idea how, but she found it."

Sam nodded, eyeing the necklace he gave Dean what seemed like an eternity ago. It was almost weird seeing it around his neck, but Sam was happy that it was back. He looked back at his laptop and pulled up a link to some news website.

"So, anything?" Dean asked, drinking the last of his beer. He leaned over Sam's shoulder to see what he was looking at.

"Yeah, get this. A week ago, numerous accounts of large farm animal and wild game mutilations have been reported." Sam said, turning to look back at Dean. "A few days before that, grocery stores were robbed, but the same item was stolen: ground beef."

"So, what do think we're dealing with? Rugaru?" Dean raised an eyebrow and threw his bottle into a nearby trashcan.

Sam shrugged, "Looks like it. Should we take it?" Dean looked at him for a second. "The case, I mean."

"Sure, you go ahead. I'll meet you there." Dean said, crossing his arms and beginning to pace.

"What? You're not coming with me?" Sam asked, laying his hands palms up on the table.

Dean looked back toward his room, "No, I'll be there. It's just. . ." He took a deep breath and blew it out shakily. "I want to be here when Jack wakes up."

"Okay." said Sam, closing his laptop and shouldering his duffle. Sam tapped his brother's back as continued. "I'll see you two in Rexburg, Idaho."