Dinner

Dean had decided that we should take only the Impala and Cas would meet us at the restaurant. We pulled up to the FIVE STAR restaurant where all kinds of middle-to-upper-class people stood in line for a table.

I sighed, "Damn. I really looked like an awesome place to eat." But Dean continued to drive to the valet desk.

"Don't worry, Jack. I got it." Dean said with a smile. He put the vehicle in park and Matt got out first, opened the door, and took my hand to help me out. I gave him a warm smile as Dean handed the valet the keys to his car.

"Not a scratch, buddy." He said and the valet took the car away. Matt held out his arm for an escort and Dean placed his hand in the middle of my back to move us along past the line. We got to the front desk and the woman there was writing on a notebook.

"Hi, how may I help you?" she asked, grabbing a few menus.

Dean leaned on the desk, "Reservation for Winchester."

*

Cas showed up soon after we were seated and we ordered steaks. While we ate, we talked about funny stories that happened before I met my dad and uncle. We argued about what was the best movie, what was the best song, and who was the best actor. We did what family did at dinner. I even told about what happened when I was under the djinn's spell.

"And Sam, you were a big ole wuss." I laughed, taking a sip of water from my glass. Dean clapped once as he laughed.

Sam scoffed, "Explain to me how I was a wuss."

"You sat in the passenger seat of Matt's car. I sat in the driver's seat." I said, pointing to different parts of the table to indicate the places. "You started to freak out when you saw a gun, knife, and lamb's blood in my lap. I had to knock you out."

"Uh-huh. Okay." He doubted, stuffing his mouth with a chunk of rib-eye. I shrugged as Matt drank a little bit of whiskey.

Dean took the opportunity of the silence as his turn, "You know, I don't remember the last time all of us were together like this." I grinned and looked at everyone's faces.

"I don't remember the last time we smiled this much." I added.

Matt grabbed my hand and Sam said, "Well, we have a good reason." Cas patted Matt on the shoulder.

Dean raised his glass of whiskey, "To the baby."

Cas did the same, "To Jack." Matt and Sam picked up their cups and I was the last to do it.

I lifted my water, "To family."

I saved the moment to memory, because God knows that we might not get one like it again. But I knew what we'd be doing in the future.

Saving people, hunting things.

The Family Business.