CHAPTER 2 Death Follows

"Death Lingers within our thin air,
it awaits for no one, and comes in Pair"

- E J JAYA AMOLORIA

                         .~〰️➰⚜️➰〰️~.

        "Good Morning sweety" I heard a familiar voice, as I open my eyes "ma is that you?" I ask knowing it was  grandma.

          Feeling slightly light headed I manage to sit up in my comfy bed.

          'wait!, how the hell did I get here?, I wasnt sleepwalking wasnt I?! from the living area to here?' I thought as I scratched my aching head once more remembering when my buddy ask me what time is it last night. I forgot I wasn't alone right now.

           "take this medicine" she handed me a glass of water and a capsule of who-knows-what on her open palm. "what are those for ma?" I asked touching the soring head of mine.

           "for your head I guess, now take it" I grabbed the medicine in her open palm and immediately I swallowed the two at once.

          "steph and jess, had already went home, Mrs. Carson arrived just this morning sweety, lucky you I was already home or she'd caught you guys sleeping with an empty bottles of liquor beside them" she smiled the sweetest smile I always loved.

          I knew grandma wouldn't be as strict as anyone else but for me, probably she just felt guilty cause I haven't got any parents to live on and she just wanted me to feel the opposite.

          I won't take it as an advantage like any other teens would do, she mean so much that I couldn't even say no to what she mostly ask.

           "if you're hungry sweety, I 've made some mac and cheese in the kitchen, and oh Its written on that paper you know, seems like a doctor had left it in there, what the hell did you do when i was out" her eyes marks a concern look in her.

           Glaring at the direction of her finger, she pointed out the paper in my old brown wooden table near my cabinet, she smiled once again then left me, closing the door behind her.

         I recall what happened last night, only to remember 'that man Barron and Lucas, did it really happened?' I stood up and walk to my table to see who was this doctor who had left me a prescription, it had a prescribe medicine signed by Dr. Carlo Geroché.

           I look closely and saw that something was written at the back, 'Grandma must have missed this one' I thought to myself as I turn the paper and saw what was written

"be safe, - L"

          The letter was hand written in a black tint in an old cursive way. 'what does it mean?' I ask inside my head before uttering "weird".

           Walking back to my bed, I was soon startled when my phone started to ring.

           I went looking for it but the sound of my phone went higher when I took a step outside my room, "can't be" I said to myself as I heard the ringing was inside the bathroom.

           I slam the door open and took my phone sitting next to the faucet at the sink.

          I must have left it here when I was too busy looking outside, 'then that means what happen last night was real, and Lucas must have took me to my room' "holy cow!" I gasped at my thought.

           I gained my reality as I went to sit in my bed,

           I barely remember his face or some scenarios happened last night. I vision him in a blurry way, blaming everything to the alcohol I had drink last night.