CHAPTER 9 Pain

"the sweet tasteless of pain is a bliss of lust, thwarned by agony, deep within all is must, flesh and blood thy greed in soul so fast,
nevertheless a sweet pain will remain last"

                                      - E J JAYA AMOLORIA

My memories from last night wont leave my thought, the words of Lucas, his soft lips, and his Golden yellow eyes that says all but more confusion.

'what does he really mean by to keep me alive?' since i woke up i have been thinking alot of Lucas, what he meant by his words, what he wanted me to hear or what is he hidding from me.

All this thoughts bothers me, specially now that he was gone again. Luvio says he went for a meeting outside the country and all I did was follow every chores Luvio asked me to do. l

I have wiped  most of the furnitures and mopped  the 1st floor of Lucas's mansion. 1st floor is the only open space area which is really not that hard to clean, specially that I earn a huge amount of money from him as my salary, but cleaning all day made my body really sore after.

I take one last look of the area I had just cleaned, walking backwards to have a better look but then off I stumble to something, I mean someone.

I watch as the unfamiliar man holds me before I could even fall, "watch your step miss" his manly voice was amusing it was deep yet soft, "Im sorry, I didn't saw you" oh my gosh it's a vampire of course I would never seen him coming.

"I.. erm.. sorry, im just-" I gather my words but he cut me off  "you're Sera, they  have informed me, though I wasn't expecting this kind of exquisiteness " he glowed his smile widely, his eyes were observing me, of course he speaks so old, "I didn't get that though, but I still needed to do some stuff so I might have...to." I said longing the words hoping he had notice my intentions, "I meant by exquisite, is that Lucas never told me that you're gorgeous  and of course you need to go, so I'll see you around..Sera" he bit his lips looking away from me then off his gone leaving a wind on my face, god this vampires are very attractive and weird at the same time.

As I entered the kitchen Mariz was already doing her chores, "Um Mariz, may I ask you something" I ask as I grab a chair and manage to sit down, "yes you may, what is it" she's so kind after all finally she loosens up at me.

"what is this all cleaning up about, I mean Luvio keeps me doing this chores he never made me before, and I kinda bumped on someone,  a man i mean earlier, I don't know who he was" I stated looking at her.

"It's for the approaching Ball of the elite vampires, it was supposed to be at the castle however Prince Casmael wanted it to be here. Its important to have a ball you know, different societies of vampires will arrive for some announcement or declaration from the prince or King Varcas himself, it's a way of having a party in the old times" she smiles as though she remembered something "oh," is the only words I could reply as I realize more vampires are coming, 'great more bloodsuckers' "and the man I stumbled on?" I remind her "what does he look like? there are lots of guards here you haven't seen yet" she asked, "long blonde hair , tall and he was wearing white shirt black jeans and oh he also got some scar on his neck" I said remembering his neck had some 4 inch scar in his right side neck.

"Oh it's Thomas, Lucas's cousin, Nephew of his father, Thomas de Guchard III, handsome isn't he?" she grin giving me the obvious look, "yep he was" I gave up, giving her a smile.

"Mariz, I have another question" I ask breaking the silent between us.

"ok sure what is it" she replied still cleaning the kitchen.