Chapter 2.

It was September 28th, exactly one month until my 17th birthday. Oh joy. Jess was going on and on about how we needed to throw me a big birthday bash since it was my seventeenth and all. I sort of think she just wants to do this because Jessica's boyfriend Erick dumped her last week, so she needed a distraction. But honestly, Jess was my only friend and I didn't want a reminder slapped in front of my face when no one shows up. And plus, my parents were against house parties, so where would we throw it?

"Oh my god, and we could put out streamers coming down from the ceiling. It's gonna be sick! Oh and i know your parents are against house parties sooo...." She eyed me with the looked I hated . I was a little worried because i knew what she was going to say but I didn't want to hear it.

"What?"

"I asked my parents if i can throw a party for you since it's your birthday and they said YES!" she practically screamed the last part at me. Did she forget we were in the library? Inside voices Jess.

The librarian shushed her and she says "So what do you say? And please don't say no because if we do well on your party that would mean that my parents would be cool with me and Jason throwing a party for our seventeenth. Oh please Alba, please. She did this puppy eye look and well to be honest I didn't want to say no. I mean the girl has only been my friend for what 2 months.

"Fine" I said "But, You can't invite Noel Conners." I practically choked saying his name. I stared into space as I did, and the memories flashed before my eyes. I kept thinking that i needed to pay attention to what Jessica was saying but all i could hear was distant talking. I had to come out of this fog, so i forced my eyes close and felt a tear run down my face. Did she see that?

"Hey, Alba. Hello? Alba, are you okay? Please don't cry. We don't have to invite Noel, He's a total jerk anyway ." Jess said. Great, she saw me crying.

"I have to go" I said and headed for my car. Jess came out running after me but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything not even the fact that I had half of school still left to attend. I just wanted to be home, where I felt, safe.

When I got home, I soon regretted it. I opened the garage and sighed out loud. Mom was home early, great. I didn't know what to do since I was never one to come home early from school. School was everything for me, because I knew in school I need to do well to accomplish want I wanted in life. So I reversed out and decided since I didn't have lunch today, i'd to go to Subway and get something to eat. There was only one Subway here and as soon as I walked in I recognized a familiar face, Jason. I guess I wasn't the only one ditching school.

"Hey, Alba, come sit over here with me." Jason said as i got my things and moved them to his spot. It was a bit awkward because this is the first time being alone with Jason other then his house and school. I ate my food and i could feel him staring at me.

After i cleared my mouth i looked up and said "What? Do i have something on my face?"

"No, I just never realized what a dude you are. No wonder you don't have any friends" He joked but it hurt more then it should. Yeah if he only knew.

"Ha-ha Jason, says the dude who ditched school to hang out at the only subway in Levan, Utah. Who has no friends now." I joked

"Ha, I would have friends if it wasn't for my stupid ass dad and his stupid ass job" He said getting up and leaving. I didn't mean to upset him or anything but i forget how sensitive he can be. Especially since his girlfriend is like a million miles away.

I sat in silence and ate my food. I wonder how mad Jess is gonna be at me for ditching her like that. It was around two and I figured i just go home and tell my mom I wasn't feeling well so i didn't get in much trouble. I never lied, so i knew she'd believe me. Walked in to my house threw the garage door which was in the kitchen. My mom had her back towards me as she was by the sink. She turned around and looked at me and said "Oh hey, honey. How was school?" Did she even know what time it was? I could lie and say it was fine but i think my other lie would be better.