Chapter 5.

*I think this chapter may be a little boring, but all of the stuff that happens needed to happen for the future of the book. I hope you enjoy. xoxo

I look at him confused. I didn’t want to make it obvious that I liked him so I played it off.

“That’s not what I meant Jason. I really mean it, there are girls at school dying to find a guy like you.” Shoot, did I just give myself away?

“So, you don’t like me?” He said sitting up straight.

“No.” I lied.

“Oh.” He said staring out into space. We sat in silence until the ride was done. As we walked to the exit, Jason and I waited for Jess and Patrick to say there goodbyes. I sat in the back this time to avoid the awkward silence with anyone. We arrived at their house and Jess and I went up to her room to get her some clothes for my house. Drove to my house and my mom greeted us at the door.

“Hi girls, how was it?”

“It was really fun Mrs. Daniels. Alba even got on a roller coaster.” Jess said proudly.

“I believe it was 3, Jess.” I said, holding 3 of my fingers up and trying to act cool.

“Oh wow. That’s great Albi.” My mom said hugging me.

“Yeah it was mom” I smiled at her and told her we were beat that we were going upstairs.

“Okay. See you in the morning girls.”

“Good night Mrs. Daniels” Jess said as we jogged up the stairs. Jessica tossed her bag on the floor and threw herself on the bed.  

 “Ahh, what a night.” She said and I threw myself next to her.

“Tell me what happen well.” I demanded

“Well, once we got to the top we were talking about school and stuff. Then when I was pretending to stare into the sky he pulled my face into his and kiss me.”

“Aww, Jess. You guys are so cute together.”

“You really think so, Albs?”

“Yes, when do you think he’s going to make it official?” 

“I don’t know, but I hope soon. Anyway, enough about me, what happened with you and Jason?”

“Nothing happened, we just talked.” I said looking away. I could feel her eyes on my face so I looked at her. She gave me a look like “really?” 

“Really, I swear.”

“Lame.” She said changing into her pajamas.

“I guess, he finally told me what happened and why he came home early.”

“He did?” She practically screamed it at me.

“Yeah, why?”

“I don’t know. I just thought he would have kept it to himself, him being a macho guy and all.” 

I just laughed and changed into my pj’s and went to sleep. The next morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. Rushed down stairs to see Derek and Jessica in the kitchen making breakfast together. I thought it was cute the way they were in sync with each other, Jess making the batter and Derek making sure the bacon doesn’t burn. They’d make a cute couple. The doorbell interrupted my thoughts and I ran to see who it was. I opened the door to find Jason in his pajamas.

“What are you doing here?” I asked

“I’m here for breakfast, what are you doing here?”