Chapter 18.

“So, you decided to come with us after all?”

“Unfortunately, yes. But not that I wanted to.”

“Oh lighten up, Alba. It’s gonna be fun, try this one.”

Jessica handed me a yellow bikini, we’re at Target buying some new clothes and swimsuits for California. Not that I wanted to come to this either, but Jess literally dragged me out of my house.

“Here, this one’s cute.” I handed Jess a bikini that’s navy blue, and has a multicolor floral print on it.

“Thanks.”

“Umm-hmm.”

“So...”

Uh-oh. “Hmm?”

“You know what, Im not gonna even beat around the bush about this, I’m just gonna ask..... Do you like Jason?”

“I thought we went over this?”

“Yeah, but that was like five months ago! And you know, I’m for the whole ‘taking it slow’ type thing but lately, I’m not sure you still do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, your always ignoring him. Like you don’t want him to like you back.”

“But he doesn’t”

“He does though, thats just it!” She yelled.

“I don’t know Jess.”

“What’s there not to know, it’s simple. It’s, you like him or you don’t. What’s hard about that?”

“Everything.”

Ever since the Noel thing, I don’t know. It’s just hard to trust.... Anyone. I know that Derek wont hurt me or Jess either. I mean, I’ve only know her for a short period of time but she’s nothing the way Sage and Erin were. She’s better. A better friend. And literally like the sister I never had.

It’s just Jason, he makes me feel different. Like I can fly when I’m with him. And honestly, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

I knew before that I liked him, but lately; I’m not to sure. Actually, I know I like him, but I think it’s more then that. And admitting it, I’m not sure I can.

“Alba. I know you do. I just want to know that for sure. Just so he’s not wasting his time, you know?”

She didn’t say that to offend me, I know that. She’s just looking out for Jason.

“He’s not though.”

“So you like him?”

“No.”

She glared at me, like she knew I was lying.

“What? I don’t”

“Albaaaa! Do you?”

“I don’t kn-”

“If you are about to lie to me again, I will slap you. Hard!”

“Nnn-” Was all that came out when Jess held her hand up and I knew she wasn’t playing.

“Jess, you can’t tell him!”

“So you do?”

She wants the simple ‘yes, I’m completely head over heals for your brother’ type answer. And she was going to get it out of me one way or another.

YES JESSICA, I DO. I LIKE JASON.” I yelled and got some ugly looks from other people shopping, but I didn’t care. If felt good to say that. It felt really good.