Chapter 7.

It was the day of the party, Jessica and I are sitting on the couch. We’re watching Jason and Derek move the dinning table into their parents room. Since we didn’t want anyone having any funny business on their parents bed we decided to put everything breakable in there and lock the door. Thank god that there wasn’t a door that connected to the master bedroom, like Jess’s, so we didn't have to lock the downstairs bathroom. We needed all the bathrooms we can get, incase of vomiting. Which I’m sure there would be some vomiting, since there was going to be hard liquor present. I haven’t had a drink since, well since Noel’s party freshmen year, and I wasn’t going to start again anytime soon.

Last weekend after my parents left, we got my families old Halloween decor and there families Halloween decor and set up the outside. We decided that it was safe to only decorate the outside, since I’m sure it was going to be a mess inside the next day. 

Derek and Jason were done moving the chairs in and were now taking the glass into the room. Jason looked so sexy lifting up the glass off the table, carefully placing a blanket over it so it wouldn’t break as easy. They went and placed it in his parents room and at that moment I had to clear my head. What was I thinking? After all, he is dating Sage now. Yup, as of yesterday, they made it official at lunch in front of everyone to see. They only been talking for a week and they are already a couple. I’ve known him for almost 4 months and I still couldn’t manage to confess it to him. Which it was probably my fault given the fact that I was unattractive and all. But that was going to change tonight, Jessica had vowed to make me as attractive she could without me looking like a clown. Before I just wore mascara and lip balm, but she said to trust her that she knew what she was doing, which by the looks of her flawless face, I would.

Everything was just about coming together, so I took a shower and put on my Mary-Jane costume. Pulled my hair back and sat down in the chair so Jess could work her magic. She didn’t put foundation on or anything, cause she didn’t have my color. But she did put a pink eyeshadow, blending it so well and man, it looked great. She put mascara on my lashes, a set of fake eyelashes for a more dramatic look, winged eyeliner on the top and put a light pink lip color on my lips. Turned me around to the mirror and when I saw myself I let out a huge gasp. I’ve never seen myself like this and well I looked, beautiful. I thanked Jess and she said she was more then welcome to help and included that it was my night and to have fun. Placed my wig on my head and laid on the bed to watch her do her make-up and finish getting dressed. Derek decided to be a zombie and Jason didn’t tell us what he was going to be. He said he wanted it to be a surprise. Blah. I just hope it’s nothing scary.

It was around 9 when people started showing up. I had Derek answer the door because I was too afraid to. So, I was standing casually as possible in the hall, with a red cup in my hand. Don’t worry though, it’s only water. Said hello to everyone walking by showing them the food and where the drinks were.

“Oh wow Alba, you look amazing” Crystal said giving me a friendly hug. She use to hang out with us back in the day.

“Thanks, Crys.” I said showing her towards the drinks. We put the food in the kitchen of course, scattered all over there granite counters. We put the drinks on top of the island where the stove was. Around ten, the house was bombing with music and people were oozing from everywhere. Jess and I were arm in arm greeting the new people walking in and making sure everyone was happy. Amanda and Stacy asked me to get them a new drink which I did being the good host and all. A hand ran up my back startling me, I quickly turned around to notice it was Shawn. I hadn’t really seen him since that day at Noel’s, even at school I rarely saw him.

“Hey” He said grabbing a cup.

“Hey.”

“Great party.”

“Thanks, I hope so.”

“Your costume is pretty epic, Mary-Jane? No one could pull that off.”

“Ha-ha” I said blushing a little. “Thanks Shawn. Your costume is cool too.” He was Flynn Rider from Tangled. Which was really weird because he is almost of legal age, wearing a child's costume.

“Yeah, I think I got that smolder thing down pretty well.” He said imitating the movie.

I just laughed and headed towards the girls as he followed. I looked around to see Jess and Patrick on a full make out session on the couch and I didn’t want to interrupt. So I headed to get some juice since I was sick of water. Took a bite of a chip and swallowed hard when I heard a certain voice approaching. My eyes widened as I turned around, scanning every entry way to see where they were. My eyes came to a halt when I saw them coming threw the back. I mean it was only obvious that they would come, given the fact that one of them was dating the boy who belonged to the house. Sage, Jason and Erin walked towards me, Sage and Jason hands intertwined with each others and I could fell my cheeks heat up. Sage was wearing this red bathing suit type looking thing with black leggings, red heels, a little cape behind her and devil ears on her newly bleached blonde hair. Erin was wearing the same thing except hers was white, instead of the cape she had angel wings and a halo on top of her light brown hair. Their outfits fit them prefect I thought.

“Hey, Mary-Jane.” Jason said, ruffling my wig. He was wearing his usual attire, except in his hand was a monkey mask. You know like the ones from Bruno Mars’ “The Lazy Song” video.

“Hey.”

“What are you doing here alone? You should be out there enjoying your birthday” He said making me feel bad for being here alone.

“Well, Jess is on a full make-out session with Patrick, so I didn’t want to intrude.”

“Wha-No way!” Sage said pushing past me into the living room. “Huh, no wonder he’s being acting all weird with Erin.” She added.

“What do you mean?” I asked her although I wasn’t aware that I had said it aloud. I did notice Erin leave to the bathroom though.

“Erin likes Patrick, and well she confessed it to him like two weeks before Noel’s party. She was going to ask him out at the party, being a brave girl and all, but he didn’t show up.” She said almost in a whisper. This was the first actual conversation I’ve had with her ever since, forever, I guess.

It felt very awkward so I stared at Jason as if I was talking with him. She noticed me staring, and grabbed Jason by the front of his shirt, wrinkling it and smashed her lips against his. He stared at me for a second apologetic before closing his eyes and kissing her back. I stared at them with wide eyes before I snapped out of it, and honestly I was throughly repulsed. I felt the need to throw up even though I hadn’t had one drink or the fact that I hadn’t had very much to eat today either. I walked quickly to the bathroom only to find someone in there. Ran towards the stairs, carefully taking two at a time so I wouldn't fall. Ran to Jess’s bathroom to find someone in there as well. Great, I thought and glanced over towards Jason’s bathroom. The light was off and I instantly felt relieved. I skipped over to the bathroom, turning the light on in the room before reaching the bathroom and sat down on top of the toilet seat. Not that I had to use the restroom or anything I just needed to sit down, away from all the excitement. I finally caught my breathe and stood up looking in the mirror. I still couldn’t believe what a great job she did. I reminded myself to thank her as I heard a knock on the door. I’m guessing it was Jason to apologize but when I opened the door to find the lights off and I couldn’t see anyone. Didn’t I turn them on before I came in here? Someone must have turned it off since it looked like no one was in there. I stepped out flicking the light off in the bathroom and headed back towards the party. But, before I could even reach the stairs Jason’s bedroom door was closed in front of me.