Chapter 14.

“Jason! STOP!” I yelled, but it sounded slightly muffled cause of his mouth.

“JASON!” I said pushing him with all my strength. After he let go of me, I slapped him.

“Ow, Alba. What the hell?”

What the hell? You’re what the hell! Did I say, “Oh Jason, kiss me” NO! I didn’t, so thank you for this lovely chat, we sure did clear up so much!” I yelled at him then stomped off towards the house.

“Alba, wait.” He said as I turned around.

“What Jason, what else could you possible want?”

“Alba Please. I’m sorry. I just..... I just thought....” He trailed off.

“Thought what Jason?”

“That.... That..... Never mind, it doesn’t even matter!” He said and stormed off.

“UGH!” I yelled and headed back inside.

*             *              *             *            *             *           *

It’s two days before Jessica and Jason’s seventeenth birthday party and I’m considering not going. Especially after Jason’s little stunt in my back yard last weekend. I haven’t really been around him much except when Mrs. Lopez paired us up in English. But other then that I’ve been, Jason free.

“Albaaaa!” I heard someone scream my name. I look around me, only to recognize one familiar face, Jason's. I turn the corner and run, yes, you heard me, run to my next class.

At lunch, Jason sat with Jessica and I, making it so darn awkward that none of us spoke the entire time.

The final bell rang, signaling the dismissal for the day. I went to my locker to see Jason standing ever so casually next to it. I act as if he isn’t even there before twisting my locker combo in, throwing my books that I don’t have homework for in, then locking it back up. 

I avoid making eye contact with him as walk to my ‘91 Honda accord. Yes, I drove my car because Derek was sick of driving around with his little sister there all the time, which is fine, I get it. I just wish that today he would have drove me cause, as I reached the parking lot, I notice Jessica and Patrick driving off in Jason’s stupid shiny black Volvo C30. She gave me this weird smile, like they are up to something. I look behind me to notice Jason tailing me, and I bet myself that he’s going to ask for a ride.

“Alba, hey. Can you give me a ride?” I Told you.

“Yeah.” I said flatly.

With that, he got into the passenger side, pulled his seat belt on and doesn’t say a word. As I drove away from school, and headed towards the road, towards our street, he still said nothing. He’s just sitting there staring out the front window, not saying a word. Not that I’m complaining but isn’t this why he wanted the ride, so we could ‘talk’? I glance over to him when we are sitting at a red light. He’s bobbing his head to the music that is coming from the car next to us.

“You look like your having a seizure Jason.” I said breaking the silence.

“Oh, wow. You can speak!”

“Oh my god. It’s a miracle!” I say holding both hands on my cheeks and hung my mouth in a “O” shape.

“Now tell me, why did you want a ride? When you obviously had your car.”

“Jessica said she needed it. Something about Patricks car breaking down or something.” He said still looking out the window as I pulled onto our street. We didn’t talk until we reached his drive way. I pulled in and he took his seat belt off and shifted his body towards me as I turned the engine off.