Chapter 20.

Nine hours, a flat tire, and a heap of junk food later; we are finally in California.

“Jason, bro, at the next exit pull over and I can drive the rest of the way.” Patrick said.

Jason was driving and Zach sat in the front with him. He called ‘dibs’ when it was Jason’s turn to drive again so I was stuck in the back with the love birds. Jason and I sat in the middle, while Zach had to sit with Derek and Rachel.

About a half hour later, we drove up a driveway to a beautiful three story beige house. The smell of salt water and wet wood lingered in the air and as everyone piled out, a beautiful tan girl with long dark brown hair came running out towards us.

“Patrick! Your finally here!” The girl screamed and ran into Pat’s arms.

She looked at everyone and I notice she has the most dazzling pair of green eyes. They are green, with a hint of yellow in the center. She’s wearing a pink and light pink strip shirt with some really short jean shorts and some flip flops. Who would have guess Patrick had a bit of Mexican in him.

“I know, it took forever. Everyone, this is my cousin Liliana, Lily; this is my girlfriend Jessica, and her twin brother Jason, Alba, Alba’s brother Derek, his girlfriend Rachel, and lastly, this, is Zach.”

“Hello.”

“Hey.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Hi.”

“Hey.”

“It’s rather nice to meet all of you, now let’s all go inside, Dad is whipping up a mean feast. Hope you all are hungry.”

We walked in and was greeted by a tall Hispanic man, built, and has the same brown hair and green eyes as Lily (all though his hair had bits of grey in them, it was just like Lilys) full lips and a beard that was barley growing. 

Lily introduced everyone to Mr. Montez, and after they showed us around the house. The house was beautiful on the inside as on the outside, when you walk in, the kitchen is there along with the living room and dinning room. It’s all open so all the room sort of connect. On the second floor are the master bedroom and bathroom, and what looks to be the laundry room. On the third floor, were the rest of the bedrooms. Lily’s older sister Marisa use to fill up one room but she’s away at college now, so they turned it into a guest room. The two guest rooms are divided by a bathroom that connects to each room. And on the other side is Lily’s room and bathroom.

Mr. Montez made it clear that one room is strictly for girls and the other for boys. If anyone is caught sneaking into another room, they’ll have to sleep outside for the time remaining. He said this more towards the boys but then he added, “And that goes for the girls too.”

After dinner, Lily wanted to take us on a walk to show us how to get to the beach. We are the second house from the corner on the end of the street and as you walk around the corner you can see the ocean, and after about a half of a block we were there. The sun was starting to go down and every one was admiring the sunshine dancing off of the deep blue ocean.

Zach and I sat just a ways away from the others playing in the shallow end of the current. Jason and Lily were splashing each other, Patrick and Jess were walking along the beach front and Derek and Rachel were still making there way here. After Lily was soaked she came and sat next to me in the sand, while Zach and Jason played frisbee with some of the locals. I was watching the boys when Liliana sat up and faced me.

“Alba, right?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s a pretty name.”