Chapter 11.

“So everyone knows the rules to ‘Seven minutes in Heaven’ right?” Jess asked and she was right this was completely childish.

I haven’t played this game since I was 10, hence, my first kiss. It was with Adam Redding, he was a year older then me, and we were at Erin’s play date, in the basement playing this game. I shook my head, leaving the memory and back into what Jess was saying.

“Okay so instead of doing the spin the bottle type thing we are going to put names in a hat and do it that way. For those of you who have been under a rock as a child, and never played this game, I’m going to explain the rules, BUT, I will only be doing this once so listen up.”

“I’m gonna make the name tags.” I said after Jessica took a breathe. I walked into there study, reaching for a piece of printer paper and a pen. Walking back into the living room to hear Jess giving out the rules.

“Since I came up with the game I will go first. So what we do is I’ll pick a name out of the hat, that will be the victim a, then that person will chose a name and that will be the person they are going into the closet or this case, the pantry with, also known as victim b. What you do in there is between you and that person, but what’s supposed to happen is you guys are supposed to kiss. After the seven minutes are up, you place the names back in the hat, mix them around and victim b of the last round choses a new victim a then they chose victim b and so forth. Does everyone understand?”

“Wait, I’m confused.” Sage said as if she was an actual blonde.

“About what?”

“The last part, so its like as if you chose me then I chose Jason, after we are done, he gets to chose victim a then they chose victim b?”

“Looks like you learned something today, congratulations Sagie.” Jess says clapping her hands to annoy her. We all couldn’t help but laugh, and I can see Sage shooting everyone death glares, including me.

“All right, lets do this.” Shawn exclaims as he takes off his hat and I fold each little paper and place them into the hat. I feel nervous and my hands are all clammy. I didn’t want to be chosen first, in truth I didn’t want to be chosen at all. 

We all sat around, in between the halls of the living room and dinning room. Since we decided to use the pantry as the closet, plus, the fire was blaring and it was warmer down here then in Jess’s room. Besides, the pantry was big enough to fit about five people in there. It was like the same size of a bathroon, no joke. Jess kneaded the names in the hat, then chose her first victim.

“Amanda.” She shrieks, I let out a low sigh, thanking god that it wasn’t me, and Amanda walked up to Shawn and pulled out a name.

“Ivan” Amanda says, and they walk along the wall and enter the pantry and Jess sets the timer for 7 minutes. While were waiting Jess and I decide to clean up all the pizza mess and clean the dishes. Jess gave Amanda and Ivan the 3 minute warning.

A few rounds later and about 7 cups of soda, I had to use the restroom. I went upstairs to use the restroom in Jess’s room and when I past Jason’s room, I thought I heard people shouting. That’s when I remember that last round was Sage and Joe. They had both came out with the same face they went in with, disgust. So why were they fighting. I wanted to eaves drop but I couldn’t hold my pee in any longer. After washing my hands I went to head back on downstairs; but I bumped into someone instead, Jason, knocking me on my butt.

“Oh, hey, sorry. Are you okay?” Jason asked me pulling me up on my feet.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Are you okay?”