3 | Leopold Normanius

It had been 15 minutes of pure randomness and giggles but, i've honestly learned a lot. Like how when he was 5, he lost a tooth in a chicken nugget. His favorite color used to be blue but he changed it to orange so that he could be different. And my personal favorite, he had a bald spot in third grade because on a field trip to the zoo, he got gum in his hair and a bird also just happened to poop on his favorite shirt that day. I also discovered that he turned 21 on March 21 (it is currently April 21) so he'd only been LEGALLY drinking for a month, but started at age 17. That kind of scared me but he reassured me that he never let's it go too far.  He has a fourteen year old sister named Kolby. He's from New Mexico but lived in Tyler, Texas until he graduated and moved out here. Aaaaand he's played baseball since he was 12, but likes other sports too.

"Why don't you like basketball?" I don't understand why that was such a big deal to him.

"Because it's boring and i get tired of seeing the same five people running up and down a court. AND they score way too quickly." He sits and thinks about my answer for a while as I watch Leslie and Ben sort out their problems at Pawnee's smallest park.

"I mean, i guess that's a good enough answer." I scoff.

"Whatever. I'm surprised you didn't ask why i didn't like baseball." Prior to this conversation, we had been talking about sports. I told him my favorite sport was football and that i didn't like basketball, baseball, tennis, hockey, or golf.

"I didn't ask because that's understandable. Baseball is a lot more fun to play than to watch."

"True. But, now that I know someone on the team, I will attend as many games as I can to show my support." It's true. I'd go to the baseball games for him. Totally not to look at him in his uniform.....

"Really?" He turns to look at me.

"Yup. You're cool and you're kind of my only friend that isn't Sophie."

"You're joking." I shook my head with a light laugh."

"I wish i was but im not a very social person. Sometimes, i automatically put a guard up and end up coming across as rude and people think im a stuck up snob. Then, other times, im super awkward, well im always awkward, but more awkward than usual and I end up not being able to hold a conversation."

"I am making it my mission to help you come out of your shell." I rolled my eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Don't look at me like that, missy. You're an amazing person and more people need to know it." I pick at a loose thread on his shorts and let out a long groan.

"But i don't wanna..." He sighs and turns to me sitting criss-cross apple sauce.

"Chase."

"Jace. Ooooo bars." He looks at me trying not to laugh as i crack myself up.

"Ok, ANYWAY, you're so fun to be with. Why wouldn't you want to be surrounded by people that care about you?"

"Because im not social, that's just how i am. I don't try to be a hermit, it just happens, ya know? Even if i do try to be social, it doesn't work out because im so tragically awkward." I explain with a pout. He reaches out and tells me to face him so I do. Now we're both sitting criss-cross applesauce, knee to knee.

"First things first, that pout was adorable." I blushed. "Secondly, my friend is having a party tomorrow night and i would like for you to go." My eyes widened and he laughed.