10 | Hide & Seek

(Quite some time later. Chase and Jace have been together for about a month and a half now. Everything has been smooth sailing so far. Jace's family really likes Chase and she really likes them.)

Chase
Jace has been staying in my dorm with me since everyone has been leaving for summer break. According to him, his apartment building is "too quiet" and being one of the only people left is "creepy." It's not like my dorm is big or anything but whatever. We've been sitting on my bed listening to music pretty much all morning. It's around eleven forty-somethin and we've only left for potty breaks because all the snacks are here already.

I look up from shopping on my laptop to see Jace on his phone instead of finishing his paper.

"Bad thang. Fine ass hell, thick as fuuhh. Oh my gosh. Das my baby, Caroline-"

"Jace oh my gosh shut up and finish your paper please."

I got a long, drawn out, high pitched whine in response.

"I'm tiiiiiiiiired and boooooored and i just wanna curl up in a ball and be done with finals." He saves his work and crawls over to sit on my lap. Today is Tuesday and he has a 10 page final paper due at 11:59 tomorrow night. Im not gonna say he procrastinated but he definitely wasted more time than necessary. They got this assignment a week ago and while he did start on it, he still has four pages to write and the thing is due tomorrow. On the bright side, it's his last final before he gets to go home for the summer. My last final was yesterday. I just didn't want to go home by myself. Sophie and Aaron left on Saturday leaving Jace and I here by ourselves.

"You're such a big baby."

"Im your big baby." He nuzzled his face farther into his neck. He's so cute...i can't just not cuddle him back.

"Promise me you'll finish that paper before tomorrow."

"Babe...im majoring in journalism. I can knock that out in an hour. I just wanna sleep and be with you right now so i can submit that stupid paper and we can go home."

(Two Hours Later)

I open my eyes just in time to answer my ringing phone.

"Hello?" I groggily yawned.

"Were you asleep?"

"Nah, my voice just sounds like that. What do you want?" It's just Sophie, i don't care if im rude with her.

"I really do hate you. I simply had my lovely best friend on my mind and i love her so much, i just wanted to hear her beautiful voice." I rolled my eyes ignoring the tingling in my legs. I forgot Jace was right here. "But nooooo she obviously doesn't love me back so i won't tell her that Netflix added The Princess Diaries."

"BRO WHY DIDN'T YOU-" Jace groans and squishes his face up. "Oh, sorry baby!" I whispered."Why didn't you start with that?!"

"Because that is not how you start a phone conversation." Jace moves a little on my lap and i can tell he's about to wake up.

"Whatever. You made me wake Jace up."

"Shhh! Wait, can you hear that?" She whispers.

"What?" I asked in quiet confusion.

"If you listen closely, you can hear me not caring."

"Wooooow. Goodbye." I hang up with her still laughing on the other side. Jace's eyes are open now, he's just laying on my shoulder.

"Hey, sleepyhead." I get a grumble in response and he moves off of my lap. The left side of his face is red from being slept on and he has nap lines.  Awwww...