2 | Still Strangers

It was like 11:30. Once we got in, Jace greeted the people in the lobby and we headed towards the elevator.

"What floor are you on?" He looks up from his phone with wide eyes. I waited for a response and then I realized he didn't hear me. So i repeated my question.

"Oh uhm fourth." We walk in and I press the number four button. Suddenly, his phone rings. He looks at it and sighs but didn't answer. Figuring he would've said something if he wanted to talk about it, i just ignored it. As we walked to his apartment, he seemed a lot less happy.

"Jace?"

"Yeah?" He didn't look at me or anything. Just continued to open the door and make himself comfortable.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly. He clears his throat before answering and flashes a weak smile.

"Im fine. I have some movies in my room, i can bring them out and we can watch movies and just chill. Or we can watch Netflix. Your choice." I could go for some Parks and Rec right now.

"Netflix, if it's okay with you." I respond half heartedly. He's scaring me. I stand there uncomfortably not knowing what to do while he just types away on his phone. He aggressively runs his hands through his hair and shoves his phone in his pocket.

"Jace..."

"Im sorry uhm my ex is calling me, she wants to talk. I don't think I'm ready for this, Chase. It hurts. It really does. I don't know what to do." His voice started cracking so i rushed over to hug him. Even though we just met today, I'm gonna return the favor for what he did for me and be there for him when he needs me.

"Hey, why don't we go sit down and we can talk, okay? Just calm down, please." He took deep breaths and started walking towards what I assumed was his room. He told me I could sit on the bed while he changed. He grabbed some things from his drawers and went into the bathroom. While I waited, I texted Sophie and updated her on everything. I didn't realize how long i had been waiting when he came out in a black skater tank and light grey joggers. Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh why is he so hot. Shut up, Chase. He's upset. He comes and sits next to me not saying anything.

"Hi." I say softly.

"Hey." He whispers. He looks at me with sad eyes. "Can we cuddle?" Sad Jace equals adorable sad puppy.

"Of course." He starts to lay down and i start to take off my Sperry's.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you comfortable? Did you want something to change into?"

"Jace, I'm fine. You've done so much today, it's my turn to help you." He hesitates and looks at me trying to see if I would change my mind.

"Are you sure? I have plenty of hoodies and stuff. I know those skinny jeans aren't comfortable."

"Jace. I'm fi-" he's already making his way to his dresser. I raise my lips into a then line as he totally ignores me. He bends over to dig through his drawer, looking for something that would fit me. I pull out my phone to text Sophie. I agree with her earlier statement about him having a nice butt. She sends me two skull emojis and a winky face with a peach. I laugh and leave her on read because she's so crazy. He finally raises up with a pair of basketball shorts.

"Are these okay?"

"I mean i said i was fine but sure." I sassed playfully. He balls them up and they hit my face softly.

"The bathroom is right there. Hurry up before i start crying." I knew he was joking but i feel like there was something deeper to that statement. His bathroom is so nice. I mean his whole apartment is nice, but for a boy, his bathroom is pretty clean. His shower shelves are filled with razors, shampoos, and conditioners. His counter has toothpaste, Listerine, a hair brush and on of those little toothbrush caddies. I was too busy checking out his bathroom when one of my feet got caught on the shorts and i fell on my butt with a loud thump. It hurt. Really bad. There was a knock on the door.