12 | Meeting the Family (pt. 2)

Chase
Never have i ever felt so welcomed by a group of strangers in my life! These guys are awesome! Mr. and Mrs. Norman are so laid back (i guess that's where Jace gets it from) and Kolby is like the little sister i never had. So far, im having a great time and it hasn't even been a day.

Right now, we're on their super nice patio eating Mr. Norman's amazing food. He barbecued everything i could ever dream of and it is heavenly. Im so glad i don't have braces anymore.

"So, Chase, what are you studying in school?" Mr. Norman asks. I quickly swallow my lemonade in order to answer.

"Uhm, i am majoring in kinesiology with a minor in nutritional sciences and im also taking a few business and economics classes." Jace's parents nodded looking impressed, Ms. Nana was about to say something when her big headed son opened his mouth.

"Which is crazy because she hates math and kinda sucks at it." Jace says. I blush and glare at him. He shrugs.

"I always take advantage of peer tutoring as well as my professor's office hours if i need help. Math isn't my strongest subject but it's better to have something rather than nothing."

"Don't worry about him. He's always been a jerk." Kolby says rolling her eyes and punching her brother. I laugh and slap his arm when he goes to get her back.

"MOM! Do something!" Ms. Nana just smiles and takes a sip of lemonade.

"Sorry, hun. You definitely deserved it." Jace pouted at that and sat back in his chair. Kolby and I gave each other an air fist bump.

"I love that you guys are getting along. I don't know if you heard, but his last choice was..." Mr. Scott trails off with a whistle.

"That girl was somethin..." Ms. Nana said in agreement. I noticed Jace tensing so i grabbed his hand under the table and squeezed."

"Somethin? She was such a whor-" As Kolby noticed her parents' warning glare she piped down a bit, "-ibble person. A horrible person." Jace and i laughed at that while his parents just shook their heads.

"Speaking of...her...have you talked to her? How are the Moners doing? Such lovely people..i don't know what happened with her." Scott asked. Jace shifted a bit in his seat.

"Uhm they're good. Last time i checked. And no, i have not spoken to her." After that was awkward silence. Kolby just kinda looked around pretending to be interested in stuff. I couldn't help but laugh. That caused her to laugh too. Jace rolled his eyes and his mom asked what was so funny.

"Nothing." We both giggled out which only made us laugh harder.

"I regret introducing you two." I shrug still laughing.

"Kolby and Jace why don't you show Chase to her room. We'll clean up down here. Don't forget we're watching a movie in the game room!"
•••
"So...this is the guest room and across the hall is the bathroom. Our rooms are upstairs. And our parents' room is in that other little hallway that leads out of living room. The game room is also upstairs." I walk into the room and it's really nice but i don't wanna be down here by myself. Jace noticed and leaned in to fake whisper.

"But...nobody will tell on you if you decide to sneak upstairs." That makes me smile.

"You could totally sleep in my room! I have room to blow up the air mattress and you can take the bed!" Kolby offers.

"Oh, really?! That's so cool, i would love too."

"KOLBY can you stop trying to steal my girlfriend?"

"Trying? Hunny, she already has." Kolby and i smirked at him while he just went upstairs leaving us in the guest room.

"So...is my brother like..a good boyfriend?"