13 | Movie Night

Jace
Chase, Kolby, and I were hanging around the island in the kitchen in our pajamas waiting for my parents so we could watch the movie.  In the middle of an intense discussion over whether or not Parks and Rec was better than The Office, i see my mom and dad come in with their keys.

"Where are yall goin?" I mumble with a mouth full of chocolate chips.

"We're gonna head to the store to grab some snacks for the movies." My mom said smacking my hand and grabbing her bag of chocolate chips.

"Hey!" I say quite upset because i was obviously eating those. She glared at me.

"This is why we're going to the store. I swear it's like we have a freaking Tasmanian devil every time you come home. You eat everything in sight." She fusses at me.

"Well they were in the pantry..? That's where i go for food...duh." My dad snickers as we go back and forth.

"I use those to for baking and when i make pancakes, Jace Lee Norman. Do not start with me. You may be 21 but you are not too old for me to beat your ass." I blushed and shuffled uncomfortably as i felt dad, Kolby, and Chase looking at me failing to hide their amusement. My mom huffs and storms into the garage my dad laughing softly and shaking his head as he follows. As soon as the door closes i hear Chase and Kolby just let loose.

"Ha ha ha. Laugh it up." I roll my eyes.

"Awwwww babe! Look at how red your face is!" I waited patiently for them to stop laughing at my embarrassment.

"I hate you both." Chase smiles and kisses my cheek while Kolby mumbles a whatever not once looking up from her phone.

"Who the hell are you texting like that?" Her thumbs dance around the screen a little bit more before she places her phone on the counter.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Chase tries to hide a smile as she walks over to the fridge to grab a water.

"You don't know what im talkin about my ass." I squint at her and she squints back. We stared at each other for at least two minutes. Her eye had started to twitch when...

"Oh my gosh Jace leave her alone." Chase says pinching me. That caused me to jump.

"YES!" Kolby cheered. I threw my head back and groaned.

"Thanks." I say lightly frustrated. I had that in the bag man...i could've won. She gives me a nonchalant shrug and continues to look at her phone.

"I need and deserve way more attention than this. Am i just not important to you two?!" I whine. Kolby opened her mouth to say something smart but her phone started ringing. Not any ring, though...this was a facetime. I saw her and Chase share a super brief glance before she took off towards her room. Chase took another sip of water as i stared at her.

"What?" She asked.

"You know what." I replied narrowing my eyes.

"Mmmmmm...im not quite sure what you're talking about." She said casually. If i didn't know she knew something, i would've believed her. We just looked at each other for a few moments before i gave up.

"Fine. Don't tell me." I pout. She walks over to me and wraps her arms around my neck leaning just inches away from my face.

"I won't." She whispered. Gosh, she's so cute. In her little terry shorts and t-shirt she clearly picked up from a random booth on campus and her dorky glasses and her curly hair. I gave her a long peck on the lips.