4 | Just Let it Happen

I woke up so confused. Where am I and what time is it? I hear a shuffling noise and a soft whistle while im looking for my phone. Who's in here? Some tall guy dressed in a flannel and skinny jeans is rumbling through the kitchen. I look down and realize im laying on top of something. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Jace and I fell asleep. On the floor. After playing connect four and taking chocolate milk shots after every loss. In the words of Jace, "it was lit." How did we sleep like this? Im laying like completely sprawled on top of him and his legs are tangled with mine. His arms are around my waist. Im blushing. WAIT. Who's in the kitchen?! I stumble a little bit as i get up and slowly approach the kitchen. Mr. Flannel has his back to me and he's looking in the pantry so i grab the closest thing to a weapon and make my way towards him. Just as i raise my arms to swing, he turns around and screams. Then, i drop my weapon and scream. Then he screams more which causes me to scream more. How is Jace still asleep?!

"Who are you?!" I ask while picking my weapon back up. It's a spoon. Not even a big one...it's one you would use to eat cereal.

"Who are you and what the hell is a spoon supposed to do?!" He sounds equally scared. I'll put my weapon down for a bit.

"You don't know my life! I could be a trained ninja assassin. That spoon could have been very dangerous! Why are you in Jace's apartment?!"

"Me?! What about you?! Im his best friend!! I didn't know he got some last night! I wouldn't have come over if i knew!" His statement makes me calm down.

"Your his best friend? And what do you mean by 'he got some?" His body visibly becomes less tense and starts to relax.

"Yes, im his best friend. And what do you mean what do i mean? I mean, if i would've know he was-" he cuts himself off with two hip thrusts causing my jaw to drop and my screams to power back up. "Then i wouldn't have come over."

"We did no such thing, you jerk!" I slapped his arm with the spoon.

"OW! What the fuck?! Who are you?!"

"Im Chase, who are you?!"

"I told you, im his best friend. My name is Aaron." My eyes widen. Oh gosh. This is Aaron. Biology major Aaron with the big brown eyes and freckles and pretty teeth. This is tall Aaron who always types his notes and never leaves class without asking a question. OH EM GEE.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. YOU'RE Aaron?! YOU'RE AARON!" He looks at me like im crazy as i stand there and spazz out.

"Yes. We've established that. Why do you sound like you just realized something."

"Im Sophie Dalton's best friend..." His jaw goes slack and his eyes go wide.

"No way! You're joking!" Annnnnd we're screaming again.

"No, im not! Why would i lie about something like that?!"

"I don't know. GAAAHHH. What the fuck man?!" We stand there just glaring at each other. He's cute. But he's my enemy at the moment so im not gonna say that anymore.

"Stop trying to get with my best friend." We both say at the same time. Our eyes squint harder.

"Stop trying to get with YOUR best friend? Stop trying to get with MY best friend." Again...at the same time.

"Stop talking with me!" We both groan as it happens again.

"I can't believe she's friends with you-"