7 | Drunk

A catchy beat and Drake's explanation on why he needs one dance boomed despite the loud chatter and random drunken laughter. I was happily drinking my Sprite (from a can because hashtag gotta be safe) and swaying my hips to the beat. Jace was holding my hips with one arm, following my movements with his own hips and the other arm was raised with a bottle in his hand. For once in my life, i was actually enjoying a party and i didn't want to leave. I was finding the loudness and excessive amount of body heat and the limited space kind of fun. We had been here for a while now and Jace was more than tipsy but not necessarily drunk yet. He didn't turn into one of those handsy jerk wads and that pleased me. I halfheartedly scanned the room for the Freckled couple but i was pretty sure they were in some secluded area playing tongue wrestle.

"Are you having fun?" I flinched and let out a chuckle as Jace spoke loudly in my ear.

"Yes, im having fun. Thanks for not leaving me."

"I can't leave you alone around these guys, you look hot as fuck. Im dancing behind you so that they can't see your ass, da booty is mine. M. I. N. E." I laughed and turned around.

"Ok, big boy. Maybe you should lay off the alcohol for a little while. Here, take my water." He groaned and stuck his bottom lip out but took it anyway. We continued to dance pressed against one another, occasionally sipping from our drinks. Right as I spotted Sophie in the crowd, i heard the familiar piano tune and a random cough in the beginning of the song. Sophie and i shot each other knowing looks and quickly cut through the crowd and onto the dance floor. Jace and Aaron looked confused but they followed anyway. The beat dropped and we immediately started dancing.

"Cut it. Cut it. Cut it. Cut it. Cut it. Cut it. Cut it. Cut it." This was like our ultimate hype song. Whenever we hung out together, we played this song at least once and just went crazy. We were in our own little world in the middle of the floor, not paying attention to the crowd cheering and egging us on. The song is pretty freaking stupid but the beat was amazing. When we finished we laughed and went back to our dates.

"Who knew Ms. Goody Two Shoes listened to rap." Aaron teases. I was having such a good time that i just rolled my eyes and ignored him.

"Babe, yall were killing it. I didn't know you had it in you." I giggled and bit my lip to keep from smiling. Sophie and Aaron had run off again so it was just us now. I didn't know what song was playing so Jace and I just walked outside and stood against the wall.

"Am i drunk?" I laughed. Im guessing he had traded in the water i gave him for some more of whatever he was drinking while i danced with Sophie.

"I don't know Jace, are you? You definitely aren't sober." He furrowed his eyebrows in the most adorable way possible.

"I don't know. Chase, help me. I don't know." He started panicking to the point where he was starting to tear up. I couldn't help but laugh. So, i did the most logical thing...i pulled my phone out and started taking a video.

"Baby, calm down. It's ok, you're fine." He let a tear slip and i cooed, still laughing, wiping it away with my thumb.

"It's not ok because i don't know. Im so confused. I want my mommy. Can i call my mommy? Please?" He was actually crying now and it was so cute but so sad at the same time.

"I don't think your mommy would be too happy with that, it's really late babe." That made him cry harder and i tried desperately to stop his tears. It's obviously time for Jace to go home. I stopped the video to send Sophie a quick text telling her to meet us at the car. Then, I started it again because i couldn't afford to miss such golden memories.

"I just want mommyyyyy. Why won't you let me have her? Does she not love me anymore?" I chuckled and continued brushing his fallen tears away. He was sniffling in the most adorable way possible and his wittle button nose was reddened at the tip. The moisture on his eyelashes made them look longer in the dim moonlight. (That was poetic af.)