New year...same me

Maria's POV

So here I am just happily sleeping when all of a SUDDEN!!! My alarm goes off...well my brother goes off.
"WAKE UUUUUUP" I heard him yell
"WHA HUH?!" I shot up from my bed so fast I ended up bashing my head straight into my lil brothers forehead...headshot
"OWWW SIS DAT HURWT" he muffled, he had his face cupped in his arms
"Sorry Sam, I didn't mean to but you startled me" I rubbed my forehead as I got up, I put on my glasses and went to the bathroom to get dressed, I put my caramel hair up in pigtails, wore my favourite violet hoodie, a singlet with a cow pattern on it, a baby blue skirt, some pale yellow socks and some pink shoes.

I come out of the bathroom and drag Sam downstairs to see my older brother jake making breakfast, he's been taking care of us ever since our parents died. My parents died due to a party they attended when the host went mad and killed everyone including himself.

"Whatcha making bro" I said cheerfully trying to make it as un-noticeable as possible to reveal how tired I still am.
"I made pancakes, y'know new year and all" he said rusty
"YAAAAY" Sam yelled into my ear
"I'll only have one, I have to go soon"
Jake practically flipped around in a sharp fashion and spoke "wrong, you have to go now cause someone slept in"
"WHAT?!" My head spun and my eyes targeted the clock to check the time and surely enough he was right, roll call was in 15 minutes
"NONONONONONONOOOOO" I screeched in terror

I grabbed a pancake straight from the pan and had it jump in my hands for a bit like a hot potato and burst through the front door.

"OUT OF ALL THE WAYS TO START OF A NEW YEAR WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS?!" I spoke in short breaths as I rushed to school.

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of my story/fanfic/thing! This is my first time writing anything like this so I hope this is good for a newbie like myself!