First Encounter

??? POV

What is this place? it feels so warm and happy here, this boy is so nice to me...is he not afraid of me?...I don't understand why he'd want to help me...maybe its just a trick so he can kill me...no...i trust him...but i don't know how long I can stay in this realm...I need to get back home...I need to see Leo...aurora...everyone...

Leo POV

We started walking FOR ADVENTURE! I've never done something like this before! its so exciting who knows what we'll face! ...still, I'm still unsure about if Maria is wearing proper attire...she said the way my world functions is a lot like the medieval ages in her world, in some ways I agree however I think my world is more similar to fairy tales, we don't have all those horrible punishments nor do we have our own religion. We do on the other hand have kings and queens and a lot of similar rules, Maria is going to have to get used to this place.

"hmm..." I heard her behind me

"something wrong?"

"well...what will we be doing exactly, do we just walk and sleep until we get you home?" I stopped in my tracks

"well...thats uh...the short simple version of it, to be honest I don't really know much about how adventures like this work, this is my first time doing an 'Epic Quest'" I said twirling my fingers

"WHAT?! H-HOW DOES THAT WORK?! you're a prince! or a knight aren't you!? doesn't that make you like the head guard required to go on missions like this?!" 

"guh, you just think that because you think this world relates entirely to the medieval ages, think of it like this, lets say there are two head guards but one is a higher rank then the other, I used to be the head guard but when put into the royal family my quests were only ones that involved the queen, for example, if the queen was sick its my job to venture out and get help"

"sooo, you're like the Plan B?" she said

"AY! I-I prefer the term 'secret weapon'" I said crossing my arms but she just chuckled

"no offence but I can't see you as a weapon" she said giggling as I gritted my teeth

We walked for a long period of time and wandered into a forest seeing it was the only place forward. I'll be honest I don't really know were we're going, for all I know we could be going the complete wrong way and I'm just looking for a passer by who can give us directions, we may have to head back to the other world soon, when we do I can do some more planning. 

"This place is kinda creepy huh" she said quietly stepping over the large tree routes 

"Y-yeah, maybe we should head back" I said nervously

"ok so next time we come we'll just appear here?"

"yup thats right!" I said pulling out my scythe getting read to open the portal again

"...hey Leo quick question while your getting that done"

"what is it"

"is everything, and by everything I mean your civilisation your size?"

"well yeah why do you ask?"

"well...I've just noticed a lot of the structures here are kinda like the ones back at my world, I figured if I came to your world I'd be towering over everything like a giant"

I stopped for a moment to think...the more I think about it I realise I've never really been anywhere outside the kingdom so I've never seen anything that wasn't made as little as the things I've seen in my kingdom only the things I've read about like the...the...

"I...don't think I can answer that, I'm not sure, for now lets go home and- MARIA LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!"

Maria snapped around and screamed as she was swiftly slammed into one of the trees by the monster's claw. 

"W-W-WHAT IS THAT THING?!" I yelled, I've never seen an actual monster in this realm only the ones in books! It was so weird looking!

Scared for my life I cancelled the spell and tried to fight the monster. I slashed it across the stomach and a glowing blue liquid spilled out but the monster didn't flinch and kept swinging its calls at me. I slashed it along the right arm and the left leg but it took no reaction from it WHAT KILLS THIS THING?!

I tried aiming for its eye but the blue liquid poured on me and covered my vision, the monster took the opportunity to hit me to the side and send me flying backwards, i felt a scratch tear down my spine.

Maria POV

oowww I rubbed my head in pain, thats going to leave a mark, now what was I doin-AAAAAHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THE THING!!! I looked up and the creature and watched as it basically threw Leo into the ground with its claws, Leo was bleeding badly.

...How dare he...Leo is just a small innocent creature trying everything he can to get home to his family after being separated into a world he knows barely anything about, and you just push him to the side like his whole life MEANS NOTHING?! NO ONE HURTS MY FRIENDS AND GETS AWAY WITH BEFORE I DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I picked up Jake's baseball bat and ran full speed into the monster and rammed the bat straight into one of the cuts Leo had made, holding the bat in place I swung the bat around and the monster with it, I pulled out the bat and swung it straight into the side of the creatures skull if it even has one, it bashed into the trees with so much force, a branch caught under its chin and cut off its head...i have a strong feeling it won't be getting up now

I go pick up Leo, he has a scratch going all the way down his spine but at least its not a deep cut, i throw his little scythe into the ground flattering myself as I was able to open the portal...we had enough adventure for today