Chapter One

I want to thank Littlewolf65 for their WONDERFUL fanart! I can't thank you enough for the art you made for Falling to Rise, and thank you for letting me use your quote for the first chapter of Destiny Calls. This chapter is dedicated to you! 

P.S. Your quote is literally so perfect for this book, you don't even realize how yet. XD

Also before we begin, if anyone else here ends up drawing fanart for any of my stories, don't be afraid to send me a link or notify me somehow. I'd love to see them all. <3

NOW to the FIRST chapter of Destiny Calls, which I am posting early because we just reached 300 followers! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this! Now, a new adventure begins with Max in the Realm of Ethereal. May he be guided by the gods, and may his journey be a good one. CX

The first few paragraphs should give you exactly when this story starts in comparison to Falling to Rise.

~~~~~

Destiny Calls

Chapter 1

"Sometimes we choose Destiny...Other times Destiny chooses us."

-Day I-

It was more like a flash...at least that is what he thought. One moment he was surrounded in complete darkness, the next he was stumbling out of a dark cave, his dead and tired eyes focused on one sight as he exited into the dim moon light

A blazing red fire that stretched into the sky was the only thing he saw as the smoke billowed high into the air. His eyes were trained on the mesmerizing sight of the beautiful red blaze, like he hadn't seen light in years, though truth is he didn't know how long it has been. It just felt like this was the first time he's ever seen a light so bright.

He stopped walking and just stood facing the flames, never once letting his dark eyes blink, fearing that if he did he would wind up back in the darkness.

He remembered pitch black. That was easy. But he also remembered that the darkness was so dark he could barely see 2 feet in front of him, let alone his fingertips.

He remembered the feeling of falling, falling up or down he wasn't sure. As he fell through this bottomless darkness he came face to face with bedrock. As foggy as his memory was, he could never forget bedrock, the impossible to break block, making it impossible to access the other side.

However this was different, there was one small opening, blocked by wooden planks, as if to keep things out, but what was it keeping out? Him? But why?

He didn't know and didn't care. The only thing on his tired mind was escape. Leave. Freedom.

He punched and punched and punched at the planks until they finally broke. He felt a little disheartened with what he saw.

More darkness. Though this time he was met with solid surroundings, even if he could not see them. They were cold and rough to touch. He remembered pulling himself out of whatever void he had come from and collapsing on the cold hard ground. He remembered slipping away into unconsciousness for the first time in what felt like forever, and when he woke he had the sudden urge to get up and leave.

Though he didn't know how, he stumbled and felt his way around what he later remembered to be called a cave until he saw the faintest glimmer of a light. Having seen nothing like it if the longest of time, he was like a bug caught by the pull of a flame. He slowly but surely inched his way closer to the light that eventually brought him the sight of distant but large flames.