Chapter Thirteen

AaaaAaAAAaaa! I'm so pumped!

Destiny Calls

Chapter 13

"Just cause you are breathing, doesn't mean you are alive"

-Day ???-

He was floating. Floating through the darkness. Floating on and on, continuously in a direction he could not tell. Why couldn't the void destroy him too? Why couldn't his existence have been destroyed.

He didn't know how long it has been. There is no sense of time here, or at least it never seemed like it.

He'd given up, he'd lost. And Jin, yes Jin. The man in the purple sweater, he remembered his name after he recovered his memories. But Jin had won, and he still had so many questions.

Why was Jin like this? His memories of him were different.

The name of the woman was Wither, or at least that is what she had called herself when they first met, so who was she?

What did Alista mean by candidate?

So many question, none of them would be answered.

To Max, it was almost like he wasn't even alive, just living an eternity in nothing. Mindlessly floating. Floating.

Floating..

Floating...

Max had given up. He'd lost and here he would rot for an eternity. He already checked, the curse on him was gone. No more dark marks running up his arms, he was free in that regard. But he'd lost everything else.

He wish he had a power that could help him save Red and Barney, and Ross; if only he could bring him back...

'The Chronos Void.'

What? Where did that come from? Was it him that thought of that, or did the idea come from nothing.

'One of the purest forms of magic, a god killing sword!'

These words. He's heard them before. But who--Alista. She had said these things, but what did it prove? And why was he thinking about what she said now?

'It's in the darkest reaches of the realm itself.'

The darkest reaches.

The darkest reaches...

The void!

Max knew that nothing was darker or emptier. This was a place of pure darkness, as said by the woman--the Wither herself.

Oh what was he even saying, he was grasping at strings. He would never find that sword. He was in a never ending abyss of nothing, there was no space nor their any direction. He was never going to find that sword.

So you've returned, young one.

Max looked around for the maker of that voice, "Wh-who are you!"

I am (we are) Nol

To Max it sounded like a layering of voices. While one said 'I am' another said 'we are' Their voices were like metal clanging, it was all around him, ringing, booming, yet subtle.

"Nol?"

The void is Nol. Nol is I (us).

Max hardly understood what was going on, he just wanted to be left alone.