Chapter Three

When I said I would update whenever I could, I meant it. 

Also, I hope to have a chapter of Grasping Fate out by nest week! Whooooo!

~~~~~

Destiny Calls

Chapter 3

"As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends will never part"

~~~~~

-Day III-

Max gasped as he sat upright, his eyes wide in terror and shock. He looked around in panic, blinking several times to adjust his eyes to the bright light. He calmed down when he recognized his surroundings as the house he remembered being in with the other three people.

That was until everything he saw came rushing back.

Was he dreaming? Was this even real? He could no longer tell if the life he was living was true. He kept getting thrust back to that impenetrable darkness, the only thing he's ever known, or the only thing he feels like he's ever known.

He's terrified. He doesn't want to go back, to see nothing but pitch black, to feel nothing, to have no sense of direction or time. Like time and space did not exist there. His breathing grew short and he started to shake.

Was anything real? His heart started to thump in his chest, he felt like he was floating, he felt like nothing was real, that everything around him was just a figment of his imagination. Everything looked blurry to him. He wanted to be free...

He just...wanted to be free...

He didn't want to die--

His breathing hitched in his throat, death.

Words started to spin in his head.

If you fail your task, then your life will be taken by my curse.

Slowly the darkness will reach to entangle your soul. And when it does... You lose...

You.

Lose.

To him, the world felt like it was getting smaller, and smaller. Everything was spinning. He could not make sense of his surroundings. He was panicking, he was afraid. He thought he could hear someone yelling at him but he was not sure. He wasn't sure of anything anymore.

"Max--"

"Max!"

Someone was calling him, or at least by the name he had chosen. Were they real?

"Max! H-hey Max! Can you hear me, please calm down!" Max could hear their voice clearly now. A voice filled with panic and worry, they were worried for him. Through the fear he tried his best to focus on that voice and little by little the world got a little less blurry and his heart grew a little calmer. His senses were returning.

He forced himself to breathe slowly, and as the world around him came into focus. He could see Red and Barney watching him with concern. He was back here, however he didn't feel as relieved as he wanted to be.

"Max, thank Notch, we weren't sure if we could calm you down," Red told him. The he added light-heartedly, "We were afraid we may have had to knock you out!" He tried to lighten the mood with a silly joke, but Max just looked away. When his joke failed he said, "Sorry about your shirt. The doctor told us to feed you liquid foods while you were asleep, and well... We may have spilled a bit--no, a lot on you."