Chapter Eleven

:D This book ends at Chapter 14, get ready for awesomeness!

Destiny Calls

Chapter 11

"You can't stop being afraid by pretending everything that scares you isn't there."

-Day XVII-

Max was still a little shaken up from Alista's sudden appearance. He still had so many questions, and he wished he could ask her. But she didn't seem the type to want to answer his questions. It was while they were walking through the forest they found what looked like an abandoned home for them to hide out it. They could see the village behind the home, however it seemed this little abandoned little home was isolated from the rest of the village. Which was really good for them.

"It's already getting late. Tomorrow I'll head into town to find anything else on the gateway. Ross, Barney, it might be safer if you don't leave the home, and Max...Max? Max!"

Max jumped at Red's voice, he'd been thinking about what Alista had said earlier today, "Y-yes?" Max looked up.

"Er...nevermind, maybe you should stay too. You look a little out of it..."

Max just nodded and laid down on the dusty wooden floors of the abandoned home. He sighed, so much was going on.

What did Alista mean by candidates? And side-effects? What side-effects. Who was the other person that Alista had fought. He was so close to all the answers, yet so far away.

Max fell asleep while thinking.

~~~~~

-Day XVIII-

It was midday the next day when he woke up. He found that Red was not here and Barney was mulling around the abandoned home.

"Where's Ross?" Max yawned.

"Ohs, he wents to the rivers to refills ours waters." Barney replied, "Heres," Barney handed Max a loaf of bread.

"Thanks," Max tore off a piece of the bread and ate it quietly.

"Oh yeahs. I forgots to say, Reds said we'll stay heres one mores day. And thens tomorrows head to the gateways."

"Ok..." Max was hardly paying attention as he continued munching on his bread. What did Alista mean??? Max furrowed his brow in concentration, but of course he was getting nowhere. He couldn't remember. He needed to know more about the void, and what Alista meant by side-effects.

He needed to know why did the woman who gave him his powers send Alista to essentially try and kill him. He needed to know who the mysterious other man was who apparently had better control over his curse. Why must everything be unreachable for him!

Max groaned and stood up, "I'll be right back Barney."

"Waits, where are y--" Max had left the room, left the home and left the village. Maybe if he headed back to where he saw Alista, maybe, just maybe she would still be there. If he hurried he could get there and back before nightfall.

The Duhitian forests was thick and dark, even on the outskirts. When he and Red, Barney, and Ross traveled through it earlier, they actually almost got lost, and they were only 3 steps away from the outside of the forest.

A good 15-20 minutes later Max was by the same area where Alista had attacked him. He figured she probably wasn't here, but he felt better being here than that creepy old house. He sighed, as he looked around he was correct. Alista was indeed not here. Max decided to hang around here for a little while.