Chapter Four

Sorry this took a bit to write. I had hoped to write two chapters, but obviously I failed. Anyways enjoy this somewhat bad chapter...

~~~~~

Destiny Calls

Chapter 4

"Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness"

-Day IV-

"Hey Max, cheer up! Think of it this way, now you get to see the world for the first time! Or what will feel like the first time," Red patted Max on the back.

Max flinched at Red's words. He still felt guilty, even though he knew, yes knew wholeheartedly that Red, Barney, and Ross didn't hate him and he was grateful for that. Very grateful, that didn't mean he didn't feel guilty for all the trouble he has caused them, "Oh! I got you these!"

Max looked up to see Red holding out a pair of black gloves. He handed them to Max, "I know you've been kinda feeling insecure about your hands, so these might help."

Max nodded, "Thanks," Max took the black gloves, the color changed to white...

"O-oh....well.... I guess that means whatever you can do affects non-living things too!" Red gave an awkward smile and tried to cheer Max up. Max grimaced. Red sighed, "Barney and Ross will finish packing, and when I come back, we'll all leave."

Red didn't bother to see Max respond, he knew he wasn't going to.

Max played around with the white gloves. He tossed them from one hand to the other, each time he did they changed from white to black. He wished he knew why the change was so limited, and what exactly he could--

Max tossed the gloves a little too hard and they fell to the ground. He sighed before pushing himself off the couch and walking over to pick the gloves up. He bent down, his fingers brushing against the hardwood floor as he picked up the gloves. The gloves changed back to white.

Parts of the hardwood floor had changed to dirt and sprouted a small flower. It was pink and fragile looking, "Damnit! Why can't I stop it! Why can't I control it!" Max hissed under his breath.

He yanked the flower out and it withered instantly. Max screamed in frustration and threw the dead flower to the ground. Max glanced at the gloves in his hands, he decided to put them on, since they would cover up his hands. He would just have to keep its multicolored dance under control.

"Heys a Max, yous ok? We's almost dones with the packing heres."

"Yeah... I'm fine, sorry. Just got a little angry," Max answered as Barney peeked into the room he was in.

"Oks, just checkings," Barney disappeared again and Max started pacing.

Max furrowed his brow in concentration. He tried to remember something, anything more. Anything that could help him decipher who he was and what was happening to him, and preferably why?

The more he tried to remember the more his mind kept getting thrust back into that eternal darkness. His head started to hurt so Max decided to stop. He sighed in defeat and plopped back down on the couch.

"Guys I'm back!" Red came in through the front door waving 4 slips of paper, "I got us some passes to and out of Neim!"

"Awesome!" Ross came in through the doorway, he was carrying two bags on him and tossed one to Red.

"Thanks, Max you ready?" Red caught the bag with ease and swung it over his back.

"Yeah," he nodded.