Chapter Six

I should clarify, that the very beginning of Destiny Calls, when Max sees the fire, happens during the time frame of Chapter 25-29 of Falling to Rise. Next, when Max first arrives in the Port of Norton in Neim, it is the day before he sees Seto. When Max sees Seto the next day, that event happens the day before Grasping Fate begins. So when Seto runs into Alesa, that happened the day after Max and Seto saw each other. This is just a clarification of the timing of everything.

*NOTE* This chapter does contain mentions of an event that hasn't yet been revealed in Grasping Fate, not to mention this part of this story is happening during the time that the rebels arrive in Duhita by boat, so this book is fast paced in comparison to Grasping Fate.

Destiny Calls

Chapter 6

"No quote today, super tired and have a really bad headache :P"

-Day XI-

Two days later by horse, the four of them arrived in the capital of Keuta. The bustling city of trade and prosperity was exactly that, but with an air of tension, of fright, and of angry. But those emotions were very subtle so it seemed to Max that no one else had noticed it.

"Whoa, this place is really busy! But that is Keuta for you." Red laughed. They were still riding their horses through the busy towns, it felt like they were inching forward minute by minute.

It seemed to Max while Ross and Barney were still odd sights, no one seemed to pay it any mind. Maybe due to what he heard of Keuta from Red that this kingdom was very diverse, that the people here hardly noticed.

"Heys Red, where ares we going?"

"Just to a nearby stable." They followed after Red who despite looking like he knew where they were going, they knew he didn't. But it was fine, from Max learned during their two day journey, Barney, Red, and Ross were all 19. They'd lived in Eflido all their life, and had never left the kingdom. It seemed that Ross did not live in the capital like Red and Barney, but Ross stayed there often so his family was fine with it. And Red's parents, who were Barney's adoptive parents were on a business trip, Max learned they did that often.

Max also learned of the situation Keuta was in, or at least what Red had heard from the man they had bought horses from.

~~~~~

Their horses were in a stable now, "Alright, I'll find us a place to stay for the night, we have approximately 900 nuggs left. Not at all a lot, but hopefully enough to get to Duhita. Though coming back home may be a bit of a struggle." Red declared.

"Oks, mes and Max will look around the city for anything useful!" Barney shouted.

"Good, and Ross, you said you would head to the library for useful research, right?"

"Yep, any information on Max's curse, or the riddle that Max stated."

"Good!" Red grinned, "Alright, as soon as I find a place I'll tell you guys." Red ran off after that, and Ross headed in a different direction. Thy passed a library eralier as they made their way to the stables, so it would be easy for him to find it. But he and Barney were left here.

"Sos, wheres should wes go?"

"Uh, around, I guess." Max shrugged and let Barney lead the way.

~~~~~

After a few hours of wandering the shops and trading district Max and Barney hear the shouting of Red. They turn to see him running, or shoving his way through the busy streets. They wait as he slowly reaches them, "Ok, we have a place to stay now, but it's kind of a odd place. Or more of a place that no one else is in, because well no one lives in the area anymore."