Chapter 5

*Roughly A Week Later*

While their first evening together happened without much planning their second outing was much harder to put together. They did manage to find time to get work done, which was easier considering they didn't have to hide.

"I have lots of ideas," she smiled as Jax joined her at the bar with Opie and Bobby. His hand rested on her waist for a moment, lingering longer than Julia expected, and she felt her heart beat faster. "We have to win over men and women, the former will be more difficult obviously so to get to them, we work the kids too."

"This sounds under handed and shitty," Jax said giving Julia serious side-eye even though his lips curled into a sweet smile when their eyes met. "We like when our neighbor's genuinely like us."

"This isn't a bunch of bikers this is hookers and prostitution." Julia said matter of factly as she turned to face them. "It's not going to be that easy. Knowing your target is not underhanded and we're on a time limit here. Once they find out who and what will be occupying that house they'll start the protests and letters to State Reps."

"I think she knows what she's doing," Bobby uttered with satisfaction.

"Alright what are your ideas?" Jax said with an air of disbelief, his hand brushing against hers as he moved her legal pad to read her neatly written notes.

"Car washes," she beamed, "For starters. We get some of girls to do a community car wash, nothing too slutty of course and have a few of you guys service the droves of minivan moms at the same time."

"You want us out there washing cars?" Opie scoffed, annoyed yet amused at the same time.

Julia looked them each up and down and shrugged. "Yes, I do. I'll even buy y'all some board shorts and you can get some color on those, I'm assuming, terrifyingly white legs of yours."

"What woman is gonna wanna see these fat bastards washing cars?" Jax asked as he have Bobby's stomach a hard slap.

"You'd be surprised," Julia assured Jax teasingly. "I don't know any women who don't appreciate a nice tummy." She looked at Opie and winked.

"We'd probably get laid," Happy reminded them from the other side of the bar.

Tig moved closer to the conversation and shrugged. "I'd rather just have one of em' wax my bike. You gonna be working?" He said to Julia wearing a sleazy joker smile.

"No," she rolled her eyes. "The women will lose their shit  if their husbands and significant others are gawking at the girls and we don't provide them something to look at as well."

"I don't know," Jax scratched along his jaw.

"Think it over," she shrugged. "Also, SAMCRO donated to the local library." Watching their reaction out of the corner of her eye Julia giggled as their faces twisted questioning her silently. "And REC center."

"I'm the treasurer and I sure didn't see those funds come outta the safe." Bobby chuckled as he pushed his glasses up his nose.

"I know you didn't," she smirked and gave Bobby a challenging look. "And that's because it's something we do yearly, keep up appearances and shit, we just put The Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club instead of the FOP or whoever."

Narrowing his eyes as he stared at her Opie made his displeasure known with a few grumbled and annoyed sighs. It was clear by Jax's tiny, but far from secretive, flirtatious gestures he wasn't as opposed.

"Besides the car wash," Jax started, his hand on Julia's knee, just as Gemma charged into the clubhouse. "What's going on?" He asked, instantly on edge by her attitude.