Chapter 7

"It looks better on you than it does on me." Jax remarked as Julia pranced in the bedroom in a crisp reaper t-shirt, another over her shoulder for him. "You should keep it."

She smiled sweetly and folded the shirt on his bureau. "Your laundry room is so full of em' I don't think you'd miss it."

"It wouldn't be going far." Grabbing her wrist he pulled her gently back into bed. "Where's my sandwich?"

"Oh, real funny," Julia laughed as she playfully pushed Jax away as he tried to kiss her neck. "I'll make you a sandwich when you wash my damn car."

Jax groaned, raking his fingers through his hair to keep it back from his eyes, and threw his head back on the pillow. "That's today isn't it?"

"Yup," she giggled. Reaching over him she snatched his lighter and pack of cigarettes off the nightstand. "I have to go by in a few hours," she watched his expression out of the corner of her eye. "Then I was thinking we could do something less physical than usual."

His eyebrows arched and he turned on his side to have a better view of her as she sat so casually in his bed. "Sounds like it could be risky," he mused. "We'd both have trouble if word got back to Uncle Charlie."

"Well," she smirked. "I thought of that already and there's plenty of stuff we could do that would be on the safer side."

"What did you have in mind?" He was very interested in her idea and her sudden step toward more than sex.

"Baseball," she shrugged, suddenly embarrassed. "I have access to season tickets, there's a day game this afternoon and there's usually so many people there," she looked away from him. "It was just a suggestion, stupid idea, sorry."

Cursing herself for even bringing it up, as well as for showcasing her insecurities and budding feelings so well, Julia jumped up and pulled his shirt up over her head. She grabbed her overnight bag, one she always packed when she had business the next morning, and began to get dressed to start her day.

"Hey," he stumbled out of bed after her. "It's not stupid. I think we'd have fun; a deserved day off."

Julia blushed and chuckled nervously under her breath. "Really?"

"Yeah," he kissed her cheek quickly before moving across the room to get dressed. "I might have to get an extra set for a game coming up, Abel would love it."

"Let me know which date works and I'll send em' by," she winked at him in the mirror. "Maybe I'll even drop em' off myself, if you're lucky."

"I prefer the personal touch," he smirked. "We'll swing by the car wash first?" He dropped back onto the bed to pull his sneakers on, his eyes never leaving her as she brushed her dark hair.

Julia nodded. "I'll go ahead," she leaned over the bureau, staring into the mirror while gliding her favorite gloss over her lips. "Fancy meeting you here type thing."

"Nah, your car is up for inspection so I offered you a lift." He was so nonchalant about it Julia almost didn't realize he was serious. "I get my baked goods from you now so it's only right you bring your SUV into TM."

"You're a sneaky shit," she laughed loudly. "How'd you know I was due for inspection?"

"I checked the sticker," he smirked, "Gotta know details in case we get caught or something. If you're that serious about hiding."

"I am," she said staunchly. "I don't want Charlie flipping shit or someone using this to their advantage or trying to," her voice trailed off but she'd already piqued Jax's interest.

"What?" He turned and looked her straight on.

"Nothing," she rolled her eyes.

"Jules," there was actual concern in his voice. "What are you talking about?"