Chapter 38

Eira

I woke up with a heavy feeling. My head aches and my eyes are so puffy. Nyetang Jimin pinapaiyak nalang ako lagi.

I did my morning rituals, and after that I went downstairs.

"Morning Eira." Mom greeted me, but I just gave her a slight smile.

"Ah, mom. I'm not going to eat breakfast here. I'll eat at our cafeteria." I bid my good bye and I left our house.

From: Jimin

Eira, let's meet at the nearest park in our school, 5:00 pm. I'll wait for you. I have something to say. Please.

Jimin texted. I thought yesterday would be tbe last day of seeing him.

Hindi ko nalang siya nireply-an.

Nasa may main gate palang ako ng narinig ko na ang boses ni Claire.

"EIRA! I MISSED YOU!" She ran towards me but I shooed her.

"Ang ingay mo ha. Mahiya ka naman, oy." Inirapan ko siya pero ngumiti lang siya sakin.

Uh, weird. Kasi kung sinusungitan ko siya sasapakin niya ako. What's wrong with her.

"Eria, I have something to tell you." My heart beats faster. Bigla akong kinabahan sa sadabihin niya.

"Ano yon? Tara munang cafeteria, let's eat breakfast." Hinila ko siya papuntang cafeteria. We ordered our meal and we sat down.

"What are you going to say?" I asked as I bit my burger.

"Ahm. I....i'm in a relationship." SHe blushed.

"Omg you what?! With whom?!" I screamed excitedly. Grabe, I'm so happy for her. 

"It's a secret muna." Nilabas niya dila niya. 

"I'm happy for you. No joke. Seriously." I smiled at her but shes frowning.

"Are you sick? Mamamatay ka na ba?" She asked like a 5 year old kid.

Inirapan ko siya at kumain nalang. Ang sarap sapakin eh, once in a while lang ako maging serious,, nijoke pa niya.

"And by the way, I can't go home with you later because we're going out." She smiled. She looked so happy. And I am happy for her, really. Kasi sa wakas, she found her true love. Maybe not but atleast nahanap niya na yung taong nagnamahal sakaniya. Finally masaya na siya.

"Take this seriously Claire, I am so happy for you." I smiled at her sweetly.

"Thanks Ei. And I hope you'll find yours too, soon." She smiled.

Tumango ako sakaniya at tinapos na yung kinakain ko. After eating we proceed in our class.

Same routine, we'll mock each other, we'll hurt each other in a joke way. I am so happy to have Claire. I am so happy that she became my bestfriend.

"Eira, i'll go now. Take care okay? See you!" She waved at me and she left.

Classes are finally over, I'm walking in the hallway when my phone beeped.

From: Jimin

I'll wait for you.

I sighed. He did not come to school today. I sighed again and continued walking. 

*****

Jimin is inside his car, waiting for Eira to come. He's really expecting that Eira will come. HE tapped his fingers on the steering wheel while licking his lips. He closed his eyes and he sighed.