Monday

«continued»
-

LUKE

I didn't want to leave Ashton and I didn't want to go to work. I wanted to stay with Ashton and try to fix our relationship. I kept thinking if I was there with him maybe he'll remember.

No...

"I'm going to take a guess and say the visit with Ashton wasn't as planned was it." My mom said pulling up to my work.

I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "Wouldn't I be happy if the visit went as I planned?" I say.

"Luke, he'll get better. I promise you that." She said placing her hand on my leg.

"Yeah, that's what Ashton said too last night and I bet he was thinking it today." I say sighing looking out the window at the coffee shop.

"Ashton seems like the fighting type he can make it through what's happening." She said looking over at me.

"Mom, you know he doesn't even remember us meeting or what I told him when he was asleep." I couldn't hold back the emotions that we're building inside of me. I looked down  and grabbed my bag, then getting out of the car.

I was surprised my mom hadn't said anything to me before I got out of the car.

She was silent.

Silent.

-

"What can I get for you?" I say sighing as I talk to the woman who stood in front of me.

"Yeah, I'll have the tall vanilla chai latte." She said chewing her gum a little too forcefully as she spoke.

"Milk or sugar?" I sigh again as I punch in her order.

"No." She said chewing her gum obnoxiously again.

I sighed once more before printing out her receipt. "Here pick it up down there." I say pointing towards the end of the long counter.

I now sat watching all the people in the shop as I had always done before. The business men and women that all secretly hated each other but no one said it, the teenagers that were defiantly on their first date which made even sipping your coffee awkward, and the lonely woman that sat alone looking out the window with her ear buds in.

I stared at the lonely woman and noticed she was the only one that was alone in the whole place. She was like me.

Alone. Even though the room was filled to the brim with people.

I looked down at my lap.

I was alone.

-

ASHTON

"Well, Ashton I had some good news for you." Amber, my nurse, exclaimed.

"What's that?" I say.

She walked over to the side of my bed. "You get to go home."

"Home?" I ask with confusion.

"Yeah, home. The doctor said that there wasn't any other damage to the brain and that memory loss doesn't need to be a big concern anymore. He said that everything will most likely come back in about 2-4 weeks."

I smiled throwing the sheets off of me. "Hoping I don't come back here anytime soon."

"I'm going to miss seeing you here, Ash." Amber said to me placing her hand on my shoulder. "It's not going to be the same."

I smiled. "Well, I'm going to miss you too Amber." I say puling her into a hug.

I then walked over to the table that had a bag with all my clothes in it. I then turned into the bathroom and slipped into my shirt and jeans.

Amber had walked me to the front of the hospital and gave me another hug.

I walked down the sidewalk only to turn back and look at the only place that people ever really cared about me in.

It was the only place.

-

LUKE

I stood staring at myself in the dirty mirror of my bathroom. Tears streaked the sides of my face and eyes became puffy and red.

"Luke!" Jack called to me. I could hear his footsteps come into my room.

"I'll be out in a minute." I call back.

"Well, hurry up dinner is ready." He said.

I don't care. I thought to myself.

I then thought about the woman again and how she say alone at the table.

I looked at my finger nails, they weren't very sharp but it would work, and impaled them into my skin. They didn't cause any pain, all it caused was a tingling sensation in my arm.

I sigh.

Alone.

Note: well then Luke seems to be more 'depressed' than he has been.
also a lot more shit will probably go down soon. Calum will come in and Michael again too.
just have to say I'm proud of myself for updating twice in one day.

All the love- H