Tuesday

«continued»

Ashton and I sat close together on the couch at Michaels' house. My arm around his shoulder and his head rested gently on my shoulder. Ashton shifted his position and then wrapped his arm around my torso.

I looked down at him a smile on my face, then resting my head on top of his. His hair was soft and tickling the top of my nose.

"Ashton," I say quietly. I feel him nod under my head. "Do you like me?"

Ashton moved out from under my head and looked up at me. "Luke, I wouldn't be curled up here on the couch with you if I didn't like you."

I looked down smiling.

"Uh, Luke there's something I didn't tell you." He says pushing himself up. I nodded. "I really like your smile and..."

"And..." I say looking at him bring my hand to his.

"I really like you." He looked at my hand and then at me.

"I really like you too." I say smiling again.

"No, no. Luke you don't understand. I really really like you. Like I haven't liked anyone as much as I like you. I didn't even like Mark as much as I love you." Ashton smiled and looked like he was shaking with excitement or nervousness after he told me.

"Ashton..." I began to say.

He stood up shaking his head. "I shouldn't have said anything."

I reached out and grabbed his hand and pulled him to a tight hug. "Ashton, I really really like you too."

-

Ashton had fallen asleep on my shoulder half way through the movie that we were watching. It was his favorite, The Pursuit of Happyness, he said that he grew up watching it and he said throughout his childhood he watched it with his stepdad.

"Who's here? Did you do anything to Ashton!" A voice said loudly.

I jumped cause Ashton to scream as he awoke. I could hear Ashton's heavy breathing, I turned my head towards he. Even in the darkness I could see that he was about to cry.

The hall light turned on and there stood Michael. He stood his hand over his gun holster.

"Michael!" I yelled standing up. "It's Luke.

He looked up at me and took his hand off the hostler. Michaels' hand began to shake as he brought it to his head to push his blue hair back.

"I'm sorry. I've head a rough night." He said his voice shaking with every word. "Ashton, your room is the one all the way at the end of the hallway. The bed is already made. I'm going up to bed. Luke stay as long as you want."

I nodded. Ashton and I watched Michael walk up the stairs his head held low and his hand on the back of his neck.

I turned back to Ashton who still shook with fear. I pulled him close to me. "It's okay."

"I shouldn't be scared. It's just Michael. The last time I was this scared was when Mark first beat me." Ashton said pushing his head closer to my chest.

"I'm sorry for what you have gone through, Ashton. I'm sorry." I say resting my head once again on his soft hair.

"Luke, do you have to go home?" He says into my chest.

I pulled away from him. "I'll call my mom and tell her I'll be home tomorrow, if you really want me to stay."

Ashton nodded slowly wiping away tears that seemed to have fallen from his eyes.

-

I lied there in the small twin sized bed with Ashton. I had my arm around him and my other hand under my head. Ashton's hand was on top of mine.

I still lied wide awake, mostly because I was uncomfortable, but because I was worried about Ashton. I moved my hand out from under my head and felt Ashton back. Since he had taken his shirt off before he went to bed I could feel the groves of new and old scars in his skin.

I closed my eyes feeling tears swell in my eyes. I didn't understand why someone would want to do this to Ashton.

But I guess the people who seem to have a perfect life never really do.

Note: I think I'm going to cry.

I just have a few questions for you.
1) what has been your favorite part of this?
2) who's your favorite character?
3) what's your opinion on this story line?

All the love- H