Chapter 2 - Teddy

Next chapter!! In this you'll find I made the Sorting Hat say everyone's names and I did that just so you would know where everyone was put and all that. On the topic of the Sorting Hat don't laugh at my Sorting Hat song because I'm not good at poems; that's my sister's area of expertise! Seriously, she's won $300 for writing poetry.

Anyway you might have seen that I changed Edward back to Ted because I reckon it sounds better and I've also decided to alternate chapters between Teddy and Victoire.

I think that's it.

Happy reading,

Miss Weasley

Chapter 2 – Teddy

The door swung open to reveal a witch with greying hair and wearing emerald green robes. Teddy knew at once this was Professor McGonagall, the Transfiguration Professor, Head of Gryffindor House and Deputy Headmistress. He also knew that she was not one to cross.

“Firs’ years, Professor.”

“Thank you, Hagrid. You have done well. I shall take them from here. We’ll be through in a second.” She pulled the doors open wide. The Entrance Hall was so large you could certainly fit his house in it. The stone walls held flaming torches, the dark ceiling was way, way above and a majestic marble staircase stood facing them, leading to the upper floors.

Professor McGonagall turned and walked into a chamber off the hall. There was a buzz of hundreds of voices coming from the doorway to the right – the rest of the school must already be here.

All the first years crammed into the chamber, gazing about anxiously.

“Welcome to Hogwarts,” said Professor McGonagall. “The start-of-term banquet will begin momentarily, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very significant ceremony as while you are here at Hogwarts, your house will be like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

“The four houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own gallant history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. Do not let the past deter you from favouring houses. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is presented with the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

“The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the school. I suggest you smarten yourselves up while you’re waiting.” Her eyes lingered on Brendan’s trainers sticking out of the bottom of his robes and Ivy’s untidy plait.

“I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait quietly.” She exited the chamber. Teddy breathed deeply; he hadn’t felt this nervous before. Murmurs sprang up around them.

“How do we get sorted?” Brendan asked, visibly paler. Ivy turned around.

“Don’t worry. All you have to do is stick a hat on your head and it decides a house for you. Nothing to worry about.” Ivy reassured him with a smile. A girl in front of Ivy turned around.

“Ivy? Who are you talking to?” she asked Ivy.

“Just some boys I meet on the train,” she replied. “This is my twin sister, Alana. Lani this is Teddy, Andrew and Brendan.” Teddy looked at Alana again. Now that he was looking closely he could see they had the same light brown hair but Alana had blue eyes while Ivy had bright green like her sister Nadine. They were obviously not identical twins.