Chapter 3 - Gone Girl

"I was having a nightmare. I dreamed I took Liam Neeson's daughter and he was just not having it."

~ Wade Wilson (Deadpool)

:Elise:

"You're kidding me, right? She can't be . . . alright, I'll be over in a few seconds."

I meant that literally.

I closed my eyes and imagined the back door of the Thompson's house. I knew it well enough from when Mary and I were younger and I snuck into her house. I felt the purple smoke surround me and when I opened my eyes again, I was right where I imagined, on the doorsteps of the Thompson's house.

Now, you're probably thinking that I'm crazy. I didn't actually just teleport, right? Wrong. I was a super, better known by the name of Delinquent. I could teleport and was also pretty good at hand to hand combat after watching YouTube videos for hours on end. The media used to think of me as a villain, so they dubbed me Delinquent. Recently I'd been on the hero side of things, so now my name was just ironic.

I knocked on the door of my best friend's house and waited. A secret service agent opened the door, thankfully one I knew.

"Hi, Randolph, you mind letting me in?"

Randolph was one of The President's favorite agents. My father was the White House Physician, so I saw the secret service boys a lot. Not to mention that the First Daughter went to our school, so her personal detail was a given at our school.

His eyebrows furrowed as he looked down on me. "How did you hear about it? And how did you get here so fast?"

I shrugged, lying as easily as breathing, "I was on my way here when I heard the news."

He nodded and opened the door. I immediately rushed into the living room, where the entire Thompson family plus some where sitting anxiously.

Including Mary.

She was being checked out by an agent who must've had a medical degree. But I couldn't see anything wrong with her. In fact, she looked better than fine. She looked like she was before Nicole corrupted her.

But she was supposed to be dead.

I saw the lightning bolt strike her down. I watched as the life fled from her eyes. I stared down at her limp body as Nicole cradled it. I saw the cafeteria rain down on them both.

But, there she was. As good as new.

"Elise." Olly called from the corner of the room. He was standing in the background, Ian sitting with his family on the other end of the room.

"What is going on?" I questioned, looking back at Mary. "How is she . . ?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. She showed up only a couple of minutes ago in the front yard."

I could barely form words. "But . . . she can't've. We saw her there, Olly." I lowered my voice. "We saw her die."

"I know."

"Well, has she said anything yet? Like, how the hell she's even alive?" I asked incredulously.

"No, and she wouldn't say it anyways. You, Ian, Aden, and I are the only ones who know what really happened to her, besides Nicole. However she managed to stay alive, she won't be saying it here."

Olly reached for my hand and squeezed. He knew how much I missed my best friend. He was there those countless sleepless nights when all I could do was cry. He was my boyfriend after all, the one guy I could count on to always be there for me.