An - Confession time

So, I decided to share with you guys my original plan for the story, and what ended up changed after I got along. And I also wanted to share some fun facts that how I got the ideas and stuff.

Where I got some of the ideas:

The Obstructer/Olly's mom

Alright, now this is the one everyone hates me for.

I actually had this planned since before I even started writing down the words.

It all started last summer when I was in San Antonio for one of my mom's business conventions. We were sitting in the hotel room in the afternoon looking for a channel to watch (because hotels don't like paying for cable) when I came along this show on Disney XD. Of course, I'd heard about it before but I'd never really watched it. It seemed that we happened to watch it on one of the finale episodes. What I got from the episode was this – The main character's mom was getting married to a guy they assumed was the bad guy, and then they find out that the bad guy is actually the main character's overprotective mom instead.

Now, this idea really stuck with me. I mean – it was one thing to make Nemesis Arabella's dad in the original trilogy, but does anyone ever suspect the mom? Especially when the more suspicious character is always the dad or the father figure?

I always wanted to continue in the superhero genre, and this gave me an idea to jump off of.

Olly being a sidekick ascending to a hero

Now, this one was also planned from the beginning.

I saw another show (on Nickelodeon I believe) that same weekend in San Antonio. In it, a kid becomes the sidekick to a superhero who's indestructible and cocky and he ends up working for him.

I thought this was a great idea to work off of. But, I did always plan for Captain Impossible to die. I thought of it as a sort of wright of passage for Oliver to go through, to find his boss's killer and become the hero he was meant to be, yada-yada. Though, I hadn't intended for Oliver to be as close with Daniel Jackson as he was. I wanted the death to feel a little disconnected, but as I was writing the two together, and the death scene, I realized that Oliver had to be more connected to Daniel than I originally planned. I mean – this guy gave Olly a job and taught him how to use his powers in a way that would help people. The death had to seem more personal.

Mary becoming Midnight

Alright, this is another one people hate me for.

I had an idea like this a long time ago, and it started back when I was watching the show, Merlin on Netflix. Now, I knew nothing of Arthurian mythology when I started the show, so when a certain innocent as all heck character slowly turned into the crazed villain of the show, I was caught off guard. I became interested in just what made Morgana turn evil.

Then I came up with the idea for a book with twin sisters as the main characters, one with the power of ice/water and one with fire. There would be some sort of prophecy that one sister would be evil and one good, obviously people assume the popular, nicer sister of water would be the good one, while the loner fire sister would be bad. And, the fire sister is tired of these assumptions, because it wasn't like she asked to be seen as the bad sister when she'd done nothing wrong in her life besides living in her sister's shadow. It doesn't help that they both have a crush on the same guy, and, what do you know, he goes for the other sister, the one everyone likes. Then along comes evil boy who convinces fire sister that she's actually worth something, also while twisting her thoughts against her family and her old life. Eventually the good sister kills evil boy in a battle because he's evil, and that's when fire sister finally turns into what everyone expects her to become.