Chapter 26 - The Resolution

"No matter how bad things get, something good is out there, just over the horizon"

~ Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)

:Oliver:

It was a cold day, the snow so bad that streets were closed and many people were getting a day off of work just because they couldn't get to work. Buildings were making sure their backup generators were still in working order, just in case there was a blackout.

The snow had held off for a long time, but it was finally here.

In the hospital, the nurses were extra worried. Snow storms brought in more patients, and with the roads blocked, it would take them longer to get here. More complications for them to worry about.

But, not all the levels of the hospital were overcrowded.

On the basement level underneath the actual basement there was a secret door that led to another part of the hospital. The part where you would take not so conventional patients.

The Hospital was next door to MASKED headquarters, so building an underground facility was no problem. Supers from all over the world were transferred here, just so they could be worked on in privacy. Most supers didn't trust hospitals, but when they were brought in to one, they were most likely in dire need of help. Blood tests were always ran at the hospitals to see if the patient was a super, and most of those tests were coordinated by MASKED agents. If they found a super, they transferred them to the Super Facility after they were stable. In fact, the doctors who tried to save Captain Impossible were mostly from that facility. They didn't have time to bring him down here, so the doctors were brought up to him. If he had been stable at any point, he would've been transferred immediately so he could avoid detection.

The only reason I knew all of this was because I was currently in the Super Facility, sitting in a room, looking out a window with a view of the DC skyline transmitted onto it.

Elise had been in a coma for two days. And I've been here with her for that amount of time.

Of course, her parents had to be brought into the fold. They now knew for sure that their daughter was a super, but not just any super, she was Delinquent. They were mad that being a super had gotten her into this situation in the first place, but they were happy that she was still alive. All they knew was that she was attacked by Midnight while trying to save the president's life, which was partly true.

You see, MASKED did a full inspection of the now broken machine that would've taken away our powers. It could only work with something like a solar flare charging it, or something like Merlonium induced super energy from a super like me. But, the only drawback would be that, most likely, anyone in a ten yard radius form the machine would be either dead or badly injured, like the original scientist who made it. I didn't think my mom knew that, but revenge sometimes forced good people to do things that they'd never dream of doing.

Also, if Mary had succeeded in killing me, who knows who else she would've gone after next. Elise could've very well saved the lives of every cabinet member in that room.

But, of course, the entire cabinet basically knew our identities now. Aden's was still a secret, but if they remembered his name and dug in to it much, they would find that an Aden goes to Eldredge, the same school where Oliver Storm goes to. They could do the same to find out Elise's identity as well.

I think a lot of them were still in shock to find out that the Secretary of the State's daughter was a super villain. There was talk about firing her, just because of the connection, but the President quickly shut it down. He knew that it wasn't her fault what happened to Mary.