Chapter 24 - Whatever happened to Olly?

"Why does the important stuff always come with a high cost? Like this Millennium Falcon toy I wanted when I was a kid . . . I saved for MONTHS for that thing. And it came apart as soon as I bashed little Joey Fitzpatrick's head with it."

~ Wade Wilson (Deadpool)

:Elise:

I knew something was wrong the moment we opened the door. Mary was taunting me about Oliver, but it was more than just to spite me. She knew something that I didn't.

He was strapped to a large machine on the wall, his head and shoulder slumped over. I assumed the worse and ran to his side. The first thing I did was check for a pulse.

Still there.

I was so relieved that I almost cried.

Almost.

"Woah, what happened to him?" Aden asked, cautiously standing a couple of feet back.

"I don't know." I replied, checking his body for any sign of why he was unconscious. There were no visible wounds besides the one he got from Mary's shadow monster when she tried to kill him. It had opened back up.

Annalise offered up her sweater and I wrapped it around his midsection, hoping to stop the bleeding.

And then his eyes opened up as he groaned. He was awake and breathing, though obviously in a lot of pain. His face was contorted and his breathing labored.

"Elise?"

I nodded and hugged him as tight as I dared. I was worried there for a second that Olly would be seriously injured or worse. I couldn't bare it after my conversation with Mary just a couple of minutes ago. I couldn't bear the thought of losing him now. He was all I had left.

"Olly, what happened to you?" Aden asked as I undid the restraint on his left wrist.

"I . . ." Olly trailed off as his voice broke a little. I know knew that whatever he went through must've been worse than the pain Annalise had felt under only a portion of Mary's shadows, than the pain that Aden had felt under the shadow monster and from seeing the girl he liked suffer, than the pain Mary had made me feel about Olly. What did he face while Mary was distracting us?

His last restraint came off and I had to steady him. Olly didn't look all there, and he was definitely not at his peak. He look drained not only physically, but emotionally.

"The Obstructer paid me a visit."

The pain in his voice told us all we needed to know. He knew who The Obstructer was, and it hurt him. That obviously meant it wasn't Chad.

"I know what she's planning, and we need to get to the White House immediately." Olly urged.

"She?" Aden asked, confused.

"I'll explain on the way." He assured. "But she has a sort of battery full with some of my electricity and she's planning to use it to charge up a machine that could make supers nonexistent. I'll explain it on the way there." He turned to me, "How many jumps do you think it'll take us to get to the White House?"

Olly knew that I couldn't teleport huge distances without tiring myself out, which meant that I would teleport short distances with short breaks in between. It was still way faster than riding a motorcycle or driving a car, though.

"Considering the fact that I don't know where we are, I'm not totally sure. But, I can estimate that The Obstructer wouldn't put us too far away from the White House if that's where they wanted to go after this."