Chapter 5

It had been a week since Morgan had first been admitted. Rehab wasn't as bad as she'd thought it would be. Her therapist was great, she didn't mind helping out in any way possible, everyone was kind to her, and she'd made some great friends. But most importantly, she was away from the things that made her this way- school, friends, and family. It was good for her.

"So, Morgan, you've been in therapy for a week, how are you finding it?" Her mother's voice rang out clearly through the phone.

"It's great! It's really helping me." Morgan was talking to her parents, like she did every evening. She missed them a little, but she also preferred living without them.

"I'm glad. We really miss you at home. So if this goes well, you might be back sooner than you know."

"Yeah, we'll see."

There was a knock on the door. Carter stuck his head in. "Hey, I'm meeting Joey. You wanna come?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I'll be there in a bit."

"You're meeting someone?" Her mother asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to hang out with a couple of friends."

"Speaking of friends, Danielle and Serena dropped by to see if you were at home."

Morgan's breath hitched. "What did you tell them?"

"That you were visiting your grandparents. I also told them that the network there was really bad, so you can't be contacted."

She sighed with relief. "Thanks mom. I owe you one."

"Morgan, honey, I feel uncomfortable lying for you."

"Mom, we've talked about it. They cannot know I'm here."

"But they won't just you! They'll help you."

"No, they won't. They'll just make me worse."

"Take my advice. You need them."

"I have new friends now, ones that actually care about me."

Her mother sighed. "If you insist. But I still think you're making a mistake."

Morgan groaned internally. She wasn't going to make her mother understand what was going on in her head.

"Uh, anyway mom, I gotta go. I'll speak to you tomorrow."

"Bye, sweetheart. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye."

She cut the call and ran her fingers through her hair. She was frustrated because she knew her mother was right. But her friends never cared about her when something could have actually been done. She didn't want them to care now, because she knew it would be fake.

She pulled on her shoes and left her room to meet the others. Ever since she'd met them, she would always spend her free time with Carter and Joey. They'd normally hang out in Joey's room because he always had to be connected to a heart monitor. It was more convenient for him.

She stepped out of the elevator and walked towards his room. As she passed Cassandra's room, she saw her sniffing.

"Cassandra, are you alright?" Morgan wasn't very fond of her, but if she was having a problem, she'd want someone to talk to.

Cassandra wiped her cheeks and turned to face Morgan. Her eyes were red and puffy, but her bitch face was back.

"DT, what do you want?"

"What's wrong?"

"Everything's fine. Now leave me the hell alone."

Morgan rolled her eyes. "Wow, at least someone here tries to give a damn about you and this is how you treat them. No wonder you're always alone."