Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

"Ms. Swift, you do have many brouises, but nothing more serious than that and a little bit of a shakened head, you will be fine. On the other hand, the baby, we are unsure, we will do some tests now, to try and feel the heartbeat," the nurse says with a nod, and she gets the ultra sound stuff ready as I lift up my shirt, revealing my stomach. "Can Ed come?" I ask nervously, and she nods and scurries out to get him.

Why am I so nervous? Everything will be okay... right?

"Taylor, love," Ed says, running to my side, and I squeeze his hand tight. "I love you no matter what, Edward Sheeran," I say, searching his eyes, and he nods and swallows hard as the nurse puts the thing over my stomach. As she moves it around, my heart races more, my hands grow sweaty, and Ed looks like he might pass out.

The nurse silently puts the machine back, and we both look at her with hopeful faces.

She shakes her head. "Im so sorry, no heartbeat detected," she says, and I look at Ed, tears already falling from my eyes, and he breaks, he literally bursts out into tears, causing me to do the same, and he climbs next to me and hugs me tightly.

I loved that baby so much.

Why us?

Why did this happen to us?

__

The Next Day:

By now, the paps knew something was wrong, we haven't been spotted leaving the hospital yet, but today we are. They took the lifeless baby out of me, and Ed and I rested. "Lets go," I whisper, grabbing purse after changing into a stripe shirt and jeans. "Alright love, whatever you want," Ed says with a nod, and takes my hand.