Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"What about we go to my place, you can sleep there," Ed says as he drives. "Ed, I just want to go home," I pout, and he silently nods. After a moment of silence he says, "Im sorry Taylor," quietly. "Its not your fault," I say back, and I stare blankly out the window. "Yes, I know that love, but I love you, and I don't want you to think its your fault, cause you can't control gravity, which pulled you down and it's also harder for you because that baby was inside you, apart of yo-" but i cut him off. "Ed, just shut up okay?" I snap at him, and he turns and looks at me for a second, but it seems like 5 minutes. His blue eyes burn into mine, he looks hurt, and then he just nods silently again and continues driving.

"Here you are," Ed says, plopping my hospital bag on the floor by the door. "Thanks," I say shyly, and he nods. "Taylor, I really do love you," he says with a hurt face, and I nod. "I know Ed, thank you." "You can't push me away," he says in a fragile voice. I look at him for a minute, and then I nod again. "I love you too Ed," I whisper, and he pulls me in for a hug, and tears start falling down my face. "Why did this happen to us?" I ask. "I don't know Taylor, I'm sorry," he whispers, and then I break.

"I hate this. I don't understand how something amazing could happen to you, and then it gets pulled away in the blink of an eye. I don't understand that because, well, why can't I be happy for once? With all the paps following me everywhere I go, being used for money, and I finally get something that makes me happy, and it gets pulled away," I say in between sobs, and he just rubs my back, letting me soak his shirt in tears.

"Cake?" I offer Ed as he sits at the dining room table in the dark as I go through the fridge. "No thanks," he mumbles, not bothering to look up at me, he was staring at the table. I nod and stuff it back in the fridge. "Sorry Taylor," he says, looking up at me as I walk towards the table. "For what?" I ask, sitting down across from him. "For not talking, but I don't feel like talking," he mumbles, going back to staring at the table. "Me either," I mumble, and I put my head on the table and close my eyes. Maybe when I open them again this will all be a dream.