The Blizzard

I sat on the couch reading my book, mot really able to focus because all I could think about was Thomas...
I heard the front door being unlocked and looked up as Dylan walked in.
"Hey," he said, throwing his keys down on the table.
"Hey, you're home late," I replied, looking up at the clock. It was nearly 11.
"Yeah, I took that barista on a date," he said, plopping down next to me. I just laughed slightly and put my book aside. "What's this?" He asked, holding up a notebook.
"I don't know," I said, grabbing and opening it. It was filled with writing and on the first page it read 'T.B. Bertram.' Thomas must have left it by accident. Bertram... I picked up the book I had been reading and looked at the cover. T.B. Bertram... "oh my god," I whispered. I always knew him as Sangster...
"What?" He asked, looking at his phone and typing, clearly not really intrested at all.
"Nothing..." I replied. "Well, I'm going to bed now, goodnight," I said standing up and quickly going back to my room. I sat on my bed and stared diwn at the notebook inn my hands. It'd be disrespectful to look through it, wouldn't it? I sighed and put it on my nightstand, laying downon my bed. I'd bring it back to him tomorrow morning. I clicked off my lamp and closed my eyesn falling asleep quickly.
~~~
I walked into the lobby of Thomas's hotel, instantly feeling relieved from the cold outside. The snow was coming down fast in giant flakes. I brushed the wet flakes off of my coat sleeve before walking to the front desk.
"Hello, welcome to the Westmark hotel, how may I help you?" The man behind the counter asked.
"Yes, I need to find a friend of mine, he has a room here, and I just needed to know which one so I can return this to him," I said pulling out the notebook.
"But of course. And his name?"
"Thomas... Bertram."
"One moment," he replied, typing it into his computer. "Ah, yes, here he is. Room 10a. You'll find that if you take this elevator all the way to the very top. Once you walk out, turn left and walk all the way to the end of the hall and it should be the last room on the right. You can't miss it."
"Thank you," I smiled, turning and walking to the elevator. I ran over as it was about to close, but the elderly man inside stopped the doors for me.
"What floor?" He asked with a kind smile.
"The very top, floor 10," I replied, leaning against the railing.
"Me too," he smiled again. "So, what brings you here? Christmas vacation?"
"Oh, no. I'm just visiting a friend that's staying here."
"I see. A lover no doubt?"
"No. Uhm. Not at all. Just a friend.."
"I see. But clearly a beautiful young girl such as yourself has some sort of lover."
"No. Not right now anyways."
"Ah ha," he said, leaning on the opposite rail. "Any particular reason?"
"I just... don't have the time right now, I suppose..." he just nod his head in response as the elevator dinged and opened on our floor.
"Well it was lovely talking with you, dear," he said, turning and walking down the right side of the hall. I sighed in relief and made my way towards Thomas's room. That was the weirdest conversation I'd ever had... I finally got to his room after walking for what seemed like forever and I knocked on his door. After a minute he opened the door.
"Corin, hi," he said. He was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, his hair was kind of messy and I could see the sleep deprivation in his eyes, behind his glasses.
"Hey... I just came to give you this, you left it in my apartment yesterday," I said, handing him his notebook.
"Oh, thanks, I was looking for this." He took it and looked at it. I could feel the melting snow seep through my clothes, chilling me to the bone. I shivered slightly and coughed.
"Well uhm, I should get home," I said, turning to walk away.
"Do you want to come in and warm up a bit?" He asked. "I mean, the snow is coming down pretty hard right now, and I can tell your freezing, why not warm up and then head home when it calms down?"
"Oh no. It's alright, I don't want to interrupt you."
"Oh come on. It's fine really. I wasn't doing anything anyways, and besides. I would feel like the worst person ever if I let you go back out there freezing cold and soaking wet." I just smiled at him slightly.
"Alright..." I said. He smiled sweetly and stepped to the side, allowing me to walk in. He closed the door behind me. His suite was huge, and so warm. The warmth actually made me realize just how cold I was and I shivered again.
"Here, sit my the heat," he said gesturing to the couch. I sat down and glanced up at him. He really was quite attractive.. he smiled and sat next to me, right as his phone beeped. He pulled it out of the pocket of his sweatpants (since when did sweatpants have pockets?) and looked at the screen. "It says theres a blizzard outside and to stay inside," he said, showing me the weather forecast. "I guess you're probably going to be here for a whilen huh?" He said.
"Guess so," I replied. I reslly didn't want to stay in these wet freezing clothes for any longer than I had to... almost as if he read my mind, Thomas stood up and held his hand out to me.
"Here, let's get you some warmer clothes," he said with a sweet smile. I just nodded in response and took his hand. It was so warm against mine. He pulled me up and walked back to the bedroom. He went over to the dresser and pulled out a sweatshirt and sweatpants, turning back towards me. "Will these work?" He asked.
"Yeah... thanks," I smiled. He handed them to me and rubbed the back of his neck.
"I'll uhm. I'll let you change, just come out when you finish, you can hang your wet clothes in the bathroom there."
"Okay." He turned and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door behind him. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door, taking off my coat, boots, and wet clothes and hanging them over the shower rod. Even my bra was soaking wet... I sighed and took it off, hanging it under my coat so he wouldn't see it. I don't know whyn but I had always been awkward about guys seeing my underwear. Even Dylan... I quickly pulled on the sweat shirt and pants, tying them off so they wouldn't fall down. Somehow the only article of clothing that didn't get soaked were my socks, so I left them on. I took my hair out of the bun it was in and brushed out the tangles with my fingers before tying it into a side braid. Once I finshed I walked back out into the living room and sat back with Thomas on the couch, next to the heater.
"Thanks again," I said, playing with the wnd of my braid.
"No problem," he replied, looking over at me. "It'll be like old times." I just smiled at him and looked down at my lap, still a bit cold, but warming up. This was going to be quite possibly the most awkward day of my life ever.