Christmas Morning

I sat at the kitchen table, just staring up at the clock. I hadn't been able to get any sleep at all... it was 6 in the morning, and the entire apartment was silent. Dylan's sister arrived early last night, and they went out for a bit and when they came back they had Tyler, Dylan's barista boyfriend, with them. Arizona's dad dropped off her younger brothers, because he had a last minute business trip to attend, and their mum isn't exactly the best role model.
I sighed and looked out the window, watching as the snow fell from the dark sky. I loved the snow, I found it calming to just watch it fall.
"You're up early," Dylan said walking in wearing sweatpants and shirtless. He yawned and started making a pot of coffee. "Why are you up so early?" He asked sitting down on the other side of the table.
"I just... couldn't sleep," I replied, tapping on the table.
"Did you sleep at all last night? You look exhausted." I just shook my head.
"You should go lay down, you kind of look ill."
"I'm fine," I lied.
"You've been saying that a lot lately."
"Yeah well, it's because I am..." I said.
"What was keeping you up all night then?" He asked, standing up and pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"Oh, nothing really-"
"Stop saying it's nothing when it's obviously something... is it that hot guy you were telling us about? The author?" I felt my cheeks flush and I looked down. "So, that's a yes?"
"Kind of..." more like because he got me pregnant..
"What about Mr. Hottie, then?" I laughed slightly and looked up at him.
"I don't know... I just can't seem to get him out of my mind... I'm thinking about him all the time..."
"Oooo, Is our little Cori in love?" He asked nudging me.
"No... I mean. I don't know, but ot doesn'tnatter anyways."
"How come?" I just shook my head and looked back down.
"My life isn't really working out for me right now if you haven't noticed.. I lost my job, I can barely pay my bills, and I'm pr-" I caught myself before I said it.
"You're what?"
"I'm... I'm bumming off of you and Arizona and I dont like it."
"It sounded like you were about to say you're prrrregnant or something," he said.
"No, no. I'm just. I'm just tired," I lied.
"Then go to bed, please. I'll see you in a few hours."
"I don't want to accidentally wake up your sister," I said. She was staying in my room while she was here because Arizona's brothers were staying in the living room, and Dylan's new boyfriend was staying in his room.
"Trust me, I shared a room with that girl on our crowded littleapartment for years. She can sleep through anything. Now, go." I groaned and stood up, walking back to my room. I walked in quietly and lay back in my bed. I opened the drawer of my nightstand and pulled out one of the pregnancy tests, just staring at it. How could my life possibly get any worse?" I sighed and put it back, closing the drawer and fell asleep.
~~~~
I woke up to a light filled room. The sun was pouring in through the window. I sat up and stretched, yawning. I was still exhausted. I looked over at the clock and sighed. It was almost noon. I groaned and stood up, running my fingers through my hair before walking out into the living room. I saw Dylan, Tyler and Julia sitting on the couch, talking and laughing.
"Well good morning sunshine," Dylan said. "Did you finally get some sleep?"
"Yeah..." I replied, sitting next to him. "Where's Arizona and her brothers?"
"Her brothers wanted to play in the snow so she brought them to the park." I looked over at the tree and saw the scattered Christmas paper all over the floor.
"So what are your plans for the rest of the day?" I asked.
"We were going to drop by Tyler's family's party. Do you want to come?"
"No, I'm alright," I said, playing with the string on my hoodie.
"Oh come on, no one should be alone on Christmas," Julia said.
"I'll be fine. Really. You guys go and have a fun time."
"Are you sure? We can wait for you," Dylan insisted.
"Yes I'm sure. Go."
"Okay..." he said as they all pulled on their coats. "Bye, Cori," and with that, they all walked out, leaving me all alone. This Christmas was going to be 'great'.