~1 Year Later~

I sat on the couch next to Thomas as the twins played on the floor with their new toys. Today was their birthday and we had just finished their birthday party.
"They're already 1 year old..." I said, putting my head on his shoulder.
"I know... where did the time go?" He asked, rubbing my back. They had gone through so much already. Lillian had already started walking and talking. She knew a few different words, daddy, mum, and a few others. Ash had started pulling himself up on things, but he couldn't walk too far without falling back down, and he hasn't said any words yet. Just then he crawled over and pulled himself up on my leg, smiling up at me.
"Hi baby," I said, picking him up and sitting him on my lap. He leaned back to the ground, reaching for his favorite stuffed elephant. Thomas reached down and picked it up, handing it to him.
"Here you go, buddy." He smiled and laughed, hugging it before resting his head on my chest.
"Someone's getting tired," I said, hugging him.
"He's not the only one," Thomas laughed, standing up. I looked over and saw Lilly laying on the floor, hugging her fuzzy penguin blanket. Thomas kneeled down and lifted her up, coming back over and sitting next to me. She yawned and put the blanket over her face. I laughed lightly and looked at Thomas he was so amazing. I loved him so much. He was the best dad in the world. Right then someone knocked on the door.
"I'll get it," I said, handing Asher to him.
"Da!" He said, snuggling up to him. Thomas looked up at me quickly.
"Did you just hear-"
"Daddy," he said quietly before yawning. I just smiled.
"I guess you win this one," I laughed walking to the door. I opened it and stopped. "Mum?" I asked. I hadn't seen her since.. well since she told me to never talk to her again.
"Corin... uhm.. can we talk?" She asked
"I dont know... are you going to tell me to get rid of my kids again?" I said bitterly, crossing my arms.
"No... of course not. You made your choice, and... and I support that."
"You.. you do?"
"I was foolish before... I can't bear losing another one of my kids... I want to be a part of your life."
"Yeah, well you made your choice too. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to put my kids to bed." And without pause, I closed the door. I let out a deep breath and walked back to Thomas, finding the twins fast asleep in your arms.
"Who was at the door?" He whispered.
"No one..." I lied, before taking Lillian from him. He stood up with Asher and we walked back to the nursery. We gently changed them into their pajamas and tucked them in to their cribs.
"I love you," Thomas whispered, hugging me from behind.
"I love you too," I replied. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room into our own.
"I have something to ask you. Something important."
"What is it?" I asked, sitting on the bed. He grabbed something out of one of the drawers in the dresser before sitting next to me. He held up a small black box. "Is that..." he opened it, showing a diamond ring.
"I'm crazy in love with you, and theres nothing that I want more in the world than this... so, will you marry me?"
"Yes. Of course I will," I said. He smiled and put the ring on my finger before kissing me. "I love you so much," I whispered.
"I love you too."
~~~~
I stared in the mirror, brushing the creases out of my dress.
"Cori, stop messing with it. You look fine," Dylan said, grabbing my hands.
"Do I though? Oh my god, I'm so nervous."
"Don't be. You're going to do great," Kylee said, putting our grandma's necklace on me.
"Marriage is so great Corin," Dylan said. "It's the most amazing thing in the world."
"What if I... I dont know, completely screw everything up."
"Cori, sweetie, you two have been together now for over 2 years, living together and raising twins, who are almost 2 years old. You've been together through thick and thin already and you're madly in love. Thomas is your best friend in the world and nothing can pull you apart. Don't think of it like everythings going to change, think of it as just taking the last step." I smiled and hugged him tightly. I heard the door open and pulled away to look. Tasha was walking in, holding Lillians hand.
"Oh, look how beautiful you look!" I said as Lillian ran over to me in her poofy pink dress.
"She doesn't want to wear the flower crown," Tasha said handing it to me.
"Why dont you want to wear your pretty crown, love?" She just shrugged. "Look, mummy's wearing one. Do you want to wear one with mummy?" She just smiled and nodded. I smiled back at her and put it on her head before braiding her hair. "There, just like mummy," I said, showing her us in the mirror. She smiled.
"You look very pretty mummy," she said hugging me.
"Thank you sweetie."
"It's time," Tyler said, coming in with Asher who ran over with the ring pillow. I quickly straightened his tie before standing up. I grabbed Lillian's flower basket and handed it to her. I grabbed my bouquet and looked in the mirror again.
"Maybe I should fix my hair..." I said.
"You look beautiful, come on," Dylan said, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the hallway.
"Well maybe I should-"
"Cori... you are the most beautiful bride in the whole goddamn world. Don't keep Thomas waiting any longer..." I sighed and hugged him.
"You're right..." I said, pulling away from him. "Let's do this..." I straightened my dress and we headed out. This was it. I was marrying my best friend.
~~~~
I sat next to Thomas, holding his hand as Thomas's Dad gave his speech. He was on his 7th dad joke. I leaned over and whispered in Thomas's ear. "How long should we wait before we tell them about the baby?"
"After the honeymoon... we tell them you're pregnant now and they'll never leave us alone." I smiled and lay my head on his shoulder as Lillian and Asher came over and sat with us. Finally, everything was perfect.

~End Of Book~