Family

I woke up in a hospital bed, Thomas was sitting in the chair next to me, asleep. I sat up, cringing lightly at the pain in my stomach.
"Hey, lay back down," Thomas said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "You had surgery, you shouldn't be sitting up." I just nodded in response and lay back down, groaning
"Where are the-"
"Well, our daughter is in the nursery, but uhm... there was a slight complication with our son..."
"Is he dead?"
"No no. Nothing like that, but his lungs haven't fully developed, so he's in the NICu, hooked up to a few machines. But, other than that he's healthy. Our daughter is very healthy."
"Oh good. Where are the others?"
"Your sister brought my parents back to the apartment, and Arizona is sitting with Tyler and Dylan."
"Is Dylan okay?"
"He pulled through, but the doctors think his arm is going to be paralyzed for a while, maybe even forever..."
"Well... at least he's safe..." he smiled at my and grabbed my hand.
"Do you want to meet your daughter?" I just smiled and nodded. "Okay. I'll go see if someone will bring her in." He turned and walked out. I grabbed the remote for the bed and sat myself up slightly. I let out a deep breath as Thomas walked back in. He smiled at me and held the door open as a nurse pushed the clear bed in, with our baby girl swaddled up inside. She stopped and Thomas picked her up gently, walking over and sitting on the side of the bed, placing her in my arms. She squirmed a little and yawned, stretching her arm out before putting it back on her face and opening her deep blue eyes.
"Well hello there," I said smiling. "She so beautiful."
"Of course she is, she looks just like her mummy," Thomas said. I smiled and looked up at him, kissing him gently.
"When you've healed up a bit more, we can bring you down to the NICu and you can meet your son," the nurse said. "Doctor Moon asked if I would drop these with you to fill out. Do you want me to to leave her in here?"
"Yeah, that'd be just fine," Thomas said.
"Okay, well if you need anything just press the call button."
"Thank you," I said, looking back at my baby girl as she walked out.
"So. About naming her-"
"I'm already one step ahead of you. I was thinking about the names you suggested, and looking at her now... I have to agree with you. Lillian. She's a Lillian. Lillian Ava Sangster."
"Really?" He asked.
"Really." He smiled and kissed me sweetly. "I want to meet our son already so we can figure out a name for him."
"Well, maybe tomorrow morning you'll be able to see him."
"Yeah.. I guess..."
"Maybe you should get some rest? I'll put Lillian in her bed."
"Yeah, okay..." I sighed, handing her to him he stood up and put her in the bed, smiling at her sweetly. I loved them both so much.
~~~~
I stared at our baby boy who was asleep in the incubator. His hand was wrapped around my finger, with a tight little grip.
"What should we name him?" I asked, glancing up at Thomas.
"Well. I was thinking through your list of names. And I think he looks like an Asher. And as of middle names, we should name him after Dylan... he's been with us through so much and he's your best friend."
"Asher Dylan Sangster?" I asked. "I love it." He smiled and kneeled next to me. "Our kids are perfect," I whispered.
"Yeah... they really really are."
~~~~
We walked in the front door of our apartment, Thomas managing to carry both car seats. He set them down infront of the couch and we both plopped down.
"Where are your parents?" I asked, starting to unbuckle Asher.
"I have no idea," he replied, picking Lillian up out of her seat. "It's still weird to think that we're parents, isn't it?"
"Yeah.. I think it's weirder that no one else has shown up yet-" right then someone knocked on the door, as Dylan and Tyler walked in. "What's the point of knocking of you're going to just walk in anyways?" I asked, looking down at my baby boy.
"Just to warn you that I'm entering the building." I rolled my eyes as he sat next to me. "Plus, I thought it was about time I meet my neice and nephew, I didn't have much of a chance in the hospital."
"How's your arm?" I asked, looking over at him.
"Fully functional, why?"
"Good, you can hold him. Meet Asher Dylan Sangster," I said, handing him to Dylan.
"You named him after me?"
"Dont get too big of a head, we just really liked the name." He laughed lightly.
"Right..."
"What's her name?" Tyler asked as Thomas handed her to him.
"Lillian Ava Sangster," Thomas said, pushing the blanket lut of ger face a little.
"She's really beautiful. They both are," Tyler said.
"Thanks," I smiled. "So Dylan. You said you had to tell me something important."
"Oh right. We have an announcement."
"What's that?"
"We're, uh. We're getting married..."
"What? No way! I'm so happy for you!" I said hugging him. "I'm in the wedding right?"
"Well obviously, you're my boo." I laughed and hugged him again.
"I'm so happy for you guys." Dylan had been so right when it was just the two of us. Things really were going to turn around for the better.

A.N.

I just want to say this chapter is dedicated to my main girl IrishCharming thanks for allowing me to emotionally torture you with my writing. ;)