Chapter Three

(Paige's Point Of View)

After so many hours of walking we start to see a gas station ahead, Logan still leading far ahead not even bothering to wait for us and acting different, It's weird because Logan's normally such a mature and natural leader he's always been a good leader and at the age of 19 you would think he would be out drinking and doing drugs but no Logan's normally a great guy so I don't understand why he's acting this way? 

As I look next to him I see Dylan trying to keep up with his pace, I thinks it's adorable she's been in love with him for years and he doesn't seem to notice and with the 3 year gap between them I would normally think that he wouldn't really notice her (not that I would ever tell her that) but maybe now that the world is changing they'll end up together, now that would be a good ending. I look behind me and spot Teddy slowly walking, falling behind the group looking insanely depressed. 

I was about to walk up to him and ask him about it but just before I could Logan slows himself down and yells, "Okay guys, we go inside and try to stay there tonight, then we'll take as much food as we can carry and leave," Most of the group just nod and walk the rest of the way to the gas station's entrance.

Milo entered first and then we all followed, when inside I notice a pool of blood near the floor in front of the counter. I hesitate before I keep walking towards it, when I am standing next to the blood I notice the source of the blood it's from a woman, I crouch down next to her and see she has a chunk of her arm missing like someone had taken a bite out of her as soon as I see the bite I jump back and call Dylan over, I called Dylan because she has already dolt with something like this before and I know she can handle it.

As soon as she gets to my spot she looks around and points, "Can you pass me one of those umbrellas from the stand?" she asks,

I nod and turn to look at them, then I grabbed the longest one there. Once she had the umbrella she pocked the woman, which moved her a bit and made me jump back again.

"Yup, she's dead, but I'm not sure what made her stay dead or should I say who..." she said looking at me before she stood up and whisper yelled to the rest of the group, "Everyone keep an eye out, We are not alone here." Then she turned back to me and helped me up while saying, "We should look around for food and maybe some back packs to carry the food."

We wonder off in different directions, as I walk farther away from the body I knock into a display and knock it over making a loud bang and right after the door at the back of the shop slowly opens, I stand shocked as everyone looks at me I reach my hand out and point in the direction of the door as I do most of their eyes follow and as soon as the door is open a man in his early twenties jumps out and with a long shovel swinging it back and forth until he notices we're all human.

He slowly lowers his shovel and says with a shaky voice, "You guys looking for a place to stay, because you can't stay just grab what you need and leave." He looks down at his leg and then back at us as I look down I notice his leg has a massive chunk missing and I step back until I hit the wall, "I'm... Deadly?" he says and the room drops to silent.

After a few awkward minutes Milo speaks up, "What happened?" Was all he said,

"Well I was sitting at the chair waiting for someone, anyone to walk in and end my boredom," he said pointing to the counter where the body was and continued, "Until she walked in looking a little odd I tried asking her what was wrong, until she eventually ran up to me and tried to get over the counter I kept shoving her back and she just wouldn't stop, so I noticed this shovel behind me and tried to talk to her one last time before I hit her right in the face until she fell and then..." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Before I could hit her again she bit my leg so I hit her again and again until there was no movement at all. I've been hiding in here waiting for someone to come and arrest me or at least kill me the pain from this bite is unbelievable." He was shaking by the end of his story, I felt like going over to him and comforting him but I hesitated because I don't have any idea how long it takes to turn into one of those things.

---------------------------

After Packing nine back packs full of food and water and each of us picking up our own weapon me with a pocket knife, I hear a loud moaning sound and then another and another after that, I look out the window only to see at least 7 of those things walking our way. I accidentally let out a scream attracting them towards us, Jasper runs next to me with Dylan right behind him, they both instantly understand and Jasper says, "We need to move now or well end up like him," Jasper points to the guy who I've learnt his name to be Ryan, "There's about 7 to 8 out there, do you have a back exit?" he asks Ryan,

"Yeah it's down there and I've got an idea, I'm going to blow this place up it will most likely kill them and myself too so I don't turn." Ryan says as he starts walking away he adds, "You guys better start running or your not going to make it far enough." And with that they wave good bye and jog out the door, just as I'm about to walk out the door I run up to Ryan and kiss him on the cheek and say a quick 'Thanks and goodbye' before I run out with the others.

After a few minutes of me running still trying to catch up to the others breathing heavily I see them slowly stop and look behind me and they soon start yelling at me, 'Run Paige, Run Paige' and as I turn around I see the explosion coming right to me before it all ends and just before everything goes black I see from my first kiss to the last one and then nothing.

----------------

(Dylan's Point Of View)

Just after the explosion the smoke starts to clear and I jump to my feet I must have been blown over and I look forward only to see Paige laying on the ground with a massive rock on top of her. I run towards her with a slight limp, I couldn't even hear my own footsteps I turn to look behind me and see the others recovering and then I notice Logan running towards me. I give him a questioning look and I can see his lips moving but nothing coming out, I look at where I'm running and as soon as I see Paige she looks different and that's when I notice she's one of them now, and just as I was about to run to her dead side a pair of arms wrap around me and hold me back. I slowly start hear everything and I finally notice I'm crying and screaming and that Logan is trying to calm me down, I don't really listen to him until he says "We need to go, Dylan." In a firm voice as I look up from Paige I see a few of those things coming towards me and Logan and that he was pulling me back,

But I couldn't go without giving Paige peace so I kick him and he let's go and I grab Paige's Pocket knife and say "Fair well Paige Rose Davis." And stab her in the head.