Chapter Eight

(Howie's Point Of View)

After our third game of snap which I won all three rounds, Carter and I wait for Dylan to come back with her friends we've been waiting in my bedroom, they won't let me go down stairs I don't know why. 

They also said that mommy had to go and she wasn't coming back. 

I wonder where Ryan is? 

When is he coming home? 

Maybe they will know about Ryan?

"Carter?" I say,

"Yes Howie," She answers,

"Do you know my brother?" I ask,

"Depends what's his name?"

"Ryan, Ryan Knight." I say proudly,

"Ryan like Ryan from the gas station?" she asks slowly,

"Yes, Do you know him? Do you think he will be coming home soon?" I ask excitably,

"Yes I do and I'm sorry but Ryan has went away like your mother, only he saved us from some of the bad zombies by sacrificing himself for us but don't worry he didn't go alone he went with our friend Paige, Dylan's best friend that's why she's been acting so scary..." She says trailing off.

I look at the floor as tears flood my face, "He can't be gone!" I scream, and just a few seconds passed before Carter gives me a big hug and I cry into her tummy.

---------------------

Once Dylan came back with all her friends most of them seem like they had been crying, and Carter walks up to one of the boys,

"What happened Logan and where's Brooklyn?" She says in a frantic whisper,

All he does is shake his head and walks away. I was about to tell them about my brother like Carter said but before I could Carter comes over and whispers in my ear, "You can't tell them now maybe later..." and she sits on my bed.

-----------------

I wake up in my bed feeling relaxed until I remember everything that happened yesterday and I turn to look at my floor to see Carter laying there asleep so I jump out of bed and wake her up just in case. She rolls over before her eyes fly open and she jumps up and pulls out a throwing knife until she notices it was me who woke her and she calms down.

We walk down stairs and see everyone sitting at my kitchen table eating, well pretty much everyone fitted there some have had to sit at the counter, I see some red paint on the floor and I yank on Carter's shirt to point it out and she just says, "Ignore it, everything's fine."

As I sit at the table in one of the seats because some went to find some clothes to change into because of all the red paint on their clothes.

"My brother is Ryan from the gas station..." I blort out,

And just after Dylan comes flying onto me, strangling me.

Soon the boy I learnt his name to be Logan pulls Dylan off of me and holds her back while Carter picks me up and takes me upstairs, And I catch a glimpse of what Dylan is yelling, "His brother killed Paige...."

----------------

(Dylan's Point Of View)

After waking up lying next to Jayden with Jasper sleeping on the floor I get up and tap Japer on the shoulder and he wakes up instantly, "It's your shift..." I whisper in his ear. Ever since Brooklyn died Jayden doesn't want to be alone, to be honest I was the complete opposite I just felt angry at everything and I still am...

As I walk downstairs I see the table full with Milo on one side of the table and Indigo opposite of him, Logan and Teddy sitting on the other two sides. When Logan sees me he gets up and offeres his seat to me I accept it and sit down and start eating.

Soon enough Jasper and Jayden come down the steps and when Teddy sees her he moves without saying a word knowing she is grieving, but strangely Milo hasn't said a word since Brooklyn died.

Soon after Howie and Carter come down and Indigo moves with Milo to change clothes him still not saying anything.

Carter and Howie sit down and Howie blorts out, "My brother is Ryan from the gas station..."

And I snap next thing I know I'm getting pulled off of Howie and I'm screaming, "His Brother Killed Paige..."