Chapter Sixteen

(Dylan's Point Of View)

I'm not myself anymore. I feel like I've lost myself and all I can find, all I have are bits and pieces of other people, the only part of me I have left that is truly me is my sadness and I can't take that. All I can do is steal scrapes from others.

Almost all of my body is screaming for me to die and just end this insolvable life but then there's still this small little squeak begging to be heard, needing to be heard it's so small I can barely feel it but I know it's there hoping to be heard, to be used. It just wishes to survive and I know Jayden's death is my fault and if I just die then it would mean nothing making her meaningless and I am not about to let her death be mean nothing, so no matter how much my body wants me to end it I will fight on until there is no more fight. Until that little spark doesn't exist.  

All though I want to hate her for leaving me I know I can't because she may have been born before me but I am or was the older sister, the one to take care of her. I know she couldn't live in this world she still hoped for a better one and now she will never see it but then again none of us will the only person I think has any hope is Teddy or Charlie one of them will make it to the end I just know it. 

But just because I'm not going to make it doesn't mean I will just stop and die.

I haven't always been stronger than Jayden but that changed when she was sent away, before that she was strong and loving but when she came back she wasn't herself she had lost her strength and it took her a while to become at least half of what she was before. While she was gone I learnt how to be strong and hide my feelings deep inside, because maybe they'd send me away if I didn't. 

When Jayden got depressed our father and step-mother sent her away until she was happy again. When she met Jasper she gave him all her love, so losing him forced her to lose herself all over again to the state of no return. 

-------------

(Carter's Point Of View)

(3 Days Since Jayden's Death)

I can't stop staring at my hands still covered in her blood I've tried rubbing the blood off with my salver but I just can't get it off.

I've known Jayden since I was a kid and she had always been so nice maybe a little shut off at times but nice and I'd sliced into her head, I killed her. I am only now starting to understand Dylan's behavior in the last 2 and a half weeks, she was the first one of us to put a zombie out and then she was the first to put out a loved one, which most of us haven't done yet. 

I understand the feeling of being a murder and having to tell yourself it was you or them every time you look at your own reflection, every time you hear your voice. I have only killed one friend but I can barely handle it so I can't imagine Dylan's mind, the guilt is eating me up inside but I know if I say anything Logan will get worried and I don't want that.

We started driving early this morning towards where the base is, and for the first time in a long time I actually have hope.

------------

(Teddy's Point Of View)

We arrive at the so called base, and as I look around all I can see is death, the dead are walking around moving closer to us while we drive.

Logan, Dylan, Indigo, Carter and I jump out of the car and start walking towards the entrance of the building leaving Milo, Charlie and Howie in the ford hidden away.

I search around the front entrance as we step inside, while Logan and Indigo close the doors behind us and blocking our only way out.

As we move on into the next room we see nothing but bodies everywhere, Dylan slowly starts stepping over the bodies taking the lead. She leads us further into the building before abruptly stopping silencing us, only for the moaning sound to be heard. As I look back I notice a heard of them coming towards, forcing us to run.

All the doors along the hall are locked, as we turn the corner the first door to the right is unlock and we pile in as soon as possible. Shoving the door shut only to turn around and see the room full of them, the room seemed to be about the size of a small house with hundreds of computers smashed and stamped on and now the zombies are marching towards us, ready to kill.

We draw our weapons ready to fight our way out.

----------------

(Carter's Point Of View)

(Half An Hour Later...)

I drop my knife after all the dead are truly dead and drop to my knee as I wait for tears to drop but they never come. I just sit there starring at my hands knowing they have just slaughtered all the dead with the help of my loving brother Logan and the innocent Indigo and the damaged Dylan.

They all have experienced pain just in different ways and now I know if they weren't here I would be as good as dead but I will continue until I can't and even then I will keep going.

-------------

(Teddy's Point of View)

We all walk back to the car in silence not a single word utter. Until we got into the car, "How was it, are we saved were there scientists there? What about dogs?" Howie asks excitedly with Charlie smiling until she sees our faces.

"Howie maybe later, I think it's time for you to go to sleep?" Charlie says trying to quiet down Howie before we start driving, without an idea of where we're going.