Chapter Nine

(Jayden's Point Of View)

After Dylan's break down, Milo, Logan and Indigo found a red Ford Ranger and a silver Jeep Wrangler and fixed them up full of petrol with extra in a couple dozen bottles. Once packed up we split up into two, Milo, Indigo, Teddy and Dylan in the Jeep and Logan, Howie, Jasper, Carter and I in the Ford.

We set off to find somebody who may know how to stop the zombie apocalypse, and then maybe we'll be able to escape this hell that has become reality. Canberra here we come, it's only six hours

---------------------

"You can't really think that Jayden is over her best friend dying only three days ago?" Carter says in a hushed voice sitting in the front with Logan driving, while Jasper Howie and I are sitting in the back,

"Well she's acting pretty normal, unlike when Paige died Dylan started acting weird and still is acting a bit off..." he says the last bit sadder than the rest and I don't think it's just because of Paige, and I guess I am acting normal but that's only because I refuse to believe I won't see Brooklyn again and I know she is right here with me, and at least I still have Jasper and Dylan. If I lost either of them I would break down. I just... Wouldn't be alive.

---------------

(Teddy's Point Of View) 

We've been driving behind the Ford for hours with Milo driving and me sitting shot gun, while Indigo and a sleeping Dylan in the back with her beautiful brown eyes closed tightly I've always wondered what she would dream about... 

"Hey can you get me one of my snack bars from my bag?" Milo voice snaps me out of my thoughts,

"Huh, what?" I ask, trying to put together what he just said,

"I'm getting a little hungry could you pass me one of the snack bars in my backpack?" he seems a little ticked off by something, but I'm not gonna ask.

I unzip his bag and spot a small box filled with snack bars, I grab one out and hand it to him after unwrapping it 'cause if I die not from the zombie Apocalypse but from him trying to open a snack bar, Hell No.

"So what do think is up with Dylan?" Milo asks me trying to start a conversation and all I can think is I don't know, but I don't like how she's spending most of the time with Logan. Like I know she's been crushing on him for quite some time but I have always believed she would eventually notice how wrong he is for her and see how right I am-

"Hey, you okay?" He asks with a nervous laugh and that's when I notice I've been pulling this angry face and it was probably freaking him out a bit.

"I'm fine." I say cutting this conversation short before I start obsessing.

--------------

It's been about an hour since Milo tried to have a conversation and Dylan's finally waking up.

"Wow you've been out for a while." Indigo says teasingly, only for Dylan to hmm in response and stare out the window at the passing scenery.

"Cough, Cough" Milo fakes coughing to get our attention, "Hey I've got an idea how about we play a game?" 

"Of course, you're always one to divert the attention." Indigo mumbles just loud enough for everyone in the car to hear.

"Okay then, how about the number plate game?" Milo continues to try and change the attitude of everyone in the car, but he's just failing miserably. Dylan seems depressed, Indigo seems like she wants to kill Milo at the moment and I probably seem pissed and crazy.

"Milo I think it would be best if you just shut up before someone gets pissed or worse." I whisper to Milo.

--------------        

(Jayden's Point Of View)

Howie's finally fallen asleep and so has Carter, leaving Logan, Jasper and I, to sit in silence. Until Jasper decides that is would be better if we started a conversation, "So, Logan I've noticed you seem to like Dylan?" He says in a father type tone.

"Dude, you know I'm older than you right?" Logan says avoiding the question,

 "What are you doing?" I whisper into Jasper's ear,

"Well it's not like your dad's here to question him like he did to me when we started dating..." He stopped when he realized he pretty much just said my dad's most likely dead, he looks at me with apologetic eyes. And I try to put on reassuring smile, which kind of failed but he knows I tried.

"Whoa, who said anything about dating. We're in the middle of an apocalypse and you're talking about dating what if Dylan dies and I'm stuck having to survive without her I can't do that and that's what will happen if we start dating because it always starts off good until something happens and everyone has lost someone they love and her and Carter are all I have and I can't let either of them die, I love them too much." His rant stops there and then. 

I can see in his eyes he's just noticed what he just said, he just admitted that he loves Dylan.

---------------

(Indigo's Point Of View)

Have you ever look at someone in the eye and just got lost, well I have an obsession with eyes. I love looking at them, like I've noticed Dylan has dark brown eyes that go perfectly with her long brown hair and Jayden has bright green which look just as good with her mid back length light brown hair, also Carter has a light brown eyes clashing with her blonde hair, while Logan has short dark brown hair with beautiful blue eyes. 

On the other hand Jasper has dark green eyes and short dirty blonde hair, and Teddy with his jet black hair and grey looking eyes bored with information, and Howie with his vibrant half blue half brown and his shaggy dark orange hair, and of course Milo, he's got one blue eye and one green with his light blonde curly hair. And lets not forget about me, I've got light golden blonde hair and Indigo eyes, Ironic really my mum loved the colour indigo and when I was born and she saw my bright indigo eyes she knew that I must be called Indigo.