Chapter Five

(Indigo's Point Of View)

(Five Years Ago...)

"Come on Milo, Please?" I beg starring into his eyes,

"No Indigo, just go home." Milo says in a stern tone,

"Fine, But just so you know I'm very mad at you." I say before turning around and walking away.

I can't believe he's making me walk home alone, he knows I'm scared of walking home alone especially at night (I've always had a fear of the dark not that I would ever admit that to anyone). What if someone kidnaps me and rapes me or worse murders me, I'm only twelve and he always walks me home from school but 'Not' today because of his mean girlfriend he doesn't even know how mean she is to me.

As I'm walking I notice a black SUV behind me driving slowly and that doesn't seem right, like why would anyone drive slower than a person walking, unless it's someone trying to kidnap me and kill me and ra- 

Before I can even finish my though I notice the SUV has come to a complete stop in front of me and the driver is getting out, I can't see the persons face because he/she is wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap.

I start running back the way I came and the person starts chasing me and before I know it he has one of his hands on covering my mouth and the other pulling me back towards the SUV.

-----------------------

(One Year Ago...)

And that's how it started, that's how he kidnapped me, from my family, from my life. Now I'm here in this small dark room, it's been four years I was only twelve and now I'm sixteen and every day I relive the moment he took me and put me in here in the dark only giving me food once a day through a little slot and when he would let me out (which is like once a month) he would strap me down on a chair in his living room and used his belt to whip my back  and then put me back in this dark room with a fully functional toilet, a chair and an old mattress, whenever I tried to escape he would strap me down on one of the chairs and cut my arms with a sharp knife. I don't know why he kidnapped me, maybe he had daddy problems and his daddy would whip him or something I just know I have to find a way to escape because he has killed almost all of me and I only have a little fight left. And I have an idea of how to escape it just may take me a few mouths.  

-------------------------

(Six Months Ago...)

Today is the day I know how I'm going to escape, I've watch his pattern and worked everything out.

He opens the door like he usually does with his pistol in his hand and says, "Come out My Indigo, time for your punishment." 

Before he steps in. I jump out from behind the door and jump on his back taking his shot gun from him after a little fight from him I finally get it and point it at his head and pull the trigger before he can even beg for his life. 

---------------------

(Now...)

Running from another a small mob of Zombies in the small town of CamBergan with the pistol in my hand trying to save as many bullets as possible I see a house up ahead and run inside slamming the door shut behind me and moving the closest thing to me in front of the door, before running up the stairs and into the closest room I can see thankfully nobody is home and the house is empty, like nobody lives here.  

I look down through the window and see that the zombies are still out there, so I move away from the window and sit on the bed to stare out the window at the sky and the tree in the front yard waving slowly in the wind. 

Until dark as I slowly start to fall asleep.

-----------------

As I wake up I'm shocked to be greeted by light although it's been a few months since I was kidnapped I still always think I'm still stuck down there and I was just dreaming. 

I walk over to the window and see that the Zombies are gone they've probably found someone else to hunt down and eat, I decide its safe enough to leave this room plus I'm hungry, I wonder if there's any food in this house?

After I walk down the stairs I enter a few rooms before I find the kitchen, the fridge is pretty much empty other than the disgusting looking stuff probably off, I open the cupboard and smile as I see all the food I think I might take a break from trying to find Milo and just stay here for a while or until the food runs out.